Just Flight Memory stick to FSX

RabunGuy

I have Just Flight L1011 Livery Pack 1 and 2 and Just Flight DC10 Collection on a Memory Stick.I insert the Memory Stick into my computer.It will not install the downloaded addons on the Memory Stick onto FSX.I am using FSX Gold Edition on Windows 7.Please help me install the dowloaded addons to FSX.

Have you tried right clicking the files in the USB thumb drive and copying those to the desktop or where ever on the computer, and then installing from the computer its self rather than from the USB thumb drive?

This issue with executing a file (data) from a USB thumb drive could be a permission issue. Like Read Only or some other shenanigan that prevents installation. In theory, a Read Only would allow the installation, but the .exe or what ever may need to write a hidden temp directory you don't see which gets deleted after execution. The problem could be exacerbated if Windows places certain restricts on types of files delivered via USB.

In a nutshell, just copy/paste installation data to the hard drive and execute from the computer rather than directly from a USB device or even via a SD card, etc.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot