Why do some AI get stuck?

ColR1948

Is it just on my PC or do others have it?

This is not all Ai aircraft but when they have to backtrack on the runway and do a u-turn they part turn then suddenly stop, the only way I have found when viewing is advance the time x2 or even x4 to kick start them again but that doesn't always work.

Like I say it isn't all AI but a lot seem to do it, any ideas beside changing the wind direction before the start?

Col.

Ho Col,

Happened to me few times when looking at AI using Traffic View Board and also usually when AI was on the runway turning. In which case I needed to select other aircraft in the View Board at the same airport and then go back to the one which was stuck. Somehow, this got the stuck one moving.

Must say that I have never noticed this when actually flying (taxiing), but maybe, I just did not look.

I either case, I think this could be caused by the way the airport is put together. If this is happening to you at a particular airport

open it in ADE and check for errors. Some links could be too close together or altitude is acting up. Bet it is happening to you at add-on airport?

Cheers,

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi Peter,

I have altered many airports with AFCAD to change the odd thing or two, often adding a couple of fast turn offs for landing aircraft to allow takeoff aircraft to get moving lol.

Added more taxi routes to stop backtracking of aircraft, one of the things I mentioned above to eliminate them having to do a u-turn and saving time but still the odd one catches me out.

Col.