Problems with 1.4 update

Problems with Update?

I wanted to make this a new thread. The update to world update 1.4 will not complete for me. Whether this is a local problem or a server problem, I don't know.

It gets to downloading a very large file called pc-fs-base-bigfiles. It gets to several % of the file download. Then it flickers on the screen - the message - and it starts over at 0%. This has happened multiple times. I started again 30 minutes ago after waiting since last night. Problem looks the same.

I don't know any way to diagnose the issue. IK have looked at the performance in Task Manager performance tab while it was downloading. It show a CPU load of around 40%. The GPU load was pegged at 100%, occasionally dropping to 99. Why so much GPU load?

Let me know if others are having issues, and if there is a way to get past this. I'm completely shut down on MSFS at this point.

In the original thread there was this:

I had the same problem as you describe. What I did was make a screen print of the file involved (may take several tries because it is flickering on the download screen)

Then I went into my Official folder (while it was downloading) and there was the file also flickering. I hit delete (also takes some practice) and download continued without a problem. May sound as an odd solution but It seemed to work for me.

You should at least go back and reply to Hans.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I have got through the problem. I will try to describe here. A search got me to a reference here:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016844080-Download-stuck-on-packages-Install-loop-Decompressing-issues

It described the problem I was having. Tried the first step for "Disable Window Auto-tuning" and also Disable IPV6. The problem did not go away, no change in the issue of the downloads kept restarting. Then tried second step in their list - to get Netlimiter (a free utility) and reduce the download speed. Hated the idea of reducing download speed but I was tired of having the problem. This was succcessful! Note that the numbers get confusing because Microsoft was talking Mega Bits per sec but Netlimiter was talking Mega Bytes per sec. So 20 Mega Bits is equal to (divide by 8) 2.5 Mega Bytes. I set the download limit to 2.0 MBytes and restarted MSFS and the update. It cranked for a long time to get the 20 GB but it worked.

Maybe this will help if any others are having the same problem. i don't know if the first 2 changes helped anything but using Netlimiter definitely got it fixed. By the way I raised the limit back up and then downloaded the content for France from the Marketplace after that. Seemed to go OK.

Pat