Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm done with FS2020

Quote Originally Posted by Herc79 View Post
    Funny that... I'm getting so much disruptive interfearance with my truck's satellite radio, from new 5G towers, that it's forcing me to turn the radio off in some areas of the city. I used to think it was just sats out of line of sight, but then noticed it only occured in certain areas, and EVERY time in those areas... and so I did a Giggle search and there's your answer!

I'm seeing more and more examples of two steps forward, one step back, due to new things that step on other things. Quality is also suffering in many cases, due to a perceived need for speed to market, make that money before people really think about it.

Back on main topic:

So regarding MSFS2020 specifically... do you guys think that the real problem is a lack of basic core setup documentation?

And poor explanations of update changes and what they mean to the user/client/customer and the individual customer's setup?

Do you feel MS itself ought to look closer at quality control, and user experience frustration, in order to improve things?
    What a great post! I've noticed the radio issues as well and never thought much about it. Now that you mentioned it, yes, the radio dropouts have started occurring since 5G and in select areas. I've had to do the same and turn the radio off in certain areas.

On the topic, I'd love to answer the questions as it's quite simple but cobalt and friends will get all angry so best I stay out of it. haha
    Mark Daniels

Yes the realsim gear still works. I was flying last night (4/17/21) and everything is still running great. I don't know why so many people are having trouble. It could be there computers they are using or there internet connection.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    I'd love to answer the questions as it's quite simple but cobalt and friends will get all angry so best I stay out of it. haha
    Now this is your best idea yet. No anger here, just amusement at your oft-repeated notion that FS9 is the gold standard of flight simming. I think a lot of us get a kick out of that. As you might say, haha!

Mark, if FS9 is so good & FS2020 is so bad... then why keep visiting the FS2020 forum? Maybe secretly, you like FS2020
    (Don’t think I’ve been to the FS9 forum for about 15 years)

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Now this is your best idea yet. No anger here, just amusement at your oft-repeated notion that FS9 is the gold standard of flight simming. I think a lot of us get a kick out of that. As you might say, haha!
    How many complex airliners you flown this week?
    I know you don't fly them but I think you get the point.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    Mark, if FS9 is so good & FS2020 is so bad... then why keep visiting the FS2020 forum? Maybe secretly, you like FS2020
    (Don’t think I’ve been to the FS9 forum for about 15 years)

Regards
    Steve
    I look at all the forums including FS2002. This one is sometimes worth posting in but that doesn't mean I have an interest in the game. I may have an interest in the discussion so I post. Not a hope I will buy it and it doesn't state anywhere ownership is required to create a post.
    Mark Daniels

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nwanerka View Post
    I don't know what it is, but I love msfs2020. It works great. Every once in a while it freezes up but all in all it works great. All my equipment works, GPs works , even little nav works great. Here is my set up

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

That's one hell of a set up but my setup beats yours hands down..... One computer two screens one flight yoke with pedals and VR! and that's the crowning moment, the icing on the cake VR....
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*
    Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler
    Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP *Overclocked*
    850W PSU
    HP Reverb G2
    CH Eclipse Yoke

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    How many complex airliners you flown this week?
    I know you don't fly them but I think you get the point.
    Well, I've flown the A320-NX this week. One of my favorite planes in MSFS2020. And your point is?

Blog Entries

I think if we had taken MS highest speck for FS2020 as the lowest speck we would all be running FS2020 without any problems by now ha
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*
    Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler
    Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP *Overclocked*
    850W PSU
    HP Reverb G2
    CH Eclipse Yoke

Quote Originally Posted by sfojimbo View Post
    I believe that the problem stems from Milton Friedman's analysis of American business. Friedman stated that business's are under no obligation to anyone other than their stockholders; Bill Gates along with his coneys took that message to heart.

Microsoft's sole interest in MSFS2020 is to extract as much money out of the project as possible, while spending the least amount of money in the process.

My guess is that Asobo receives about enough money from Microsoft for program maintenance and upgrades to support about two junior programmers with occasional tech support and guidance from one of the senior guys. They may also have a few minimum wage artistic types doing graphics stuff, aka eye candy. We can see from eight months of history that they move at a two steps forward, one step behind pace. I doubt that it will ever be more than that unless Google or Facebook or someone like that launches a Flight Simulator competitor.

IMO, you'd better like what you have because anything better will be a long time coming.
    I have an engineer brother who worked for ten years at a major gaming design company (EA). I actually got to visit their headquarters in Vancouver a bunch of times. What you describe does not sound remotely realistic at all. This business operation for producing these games is far more sophisticated than I think you perceive it to be. And the designers and engineers doing this work are, frankly, working way harder than they should be. Millions of dollars are at stake. Long hours, into the night, a lot of weekends, etc. Burnout is common. I don't know how my brother did it for so long but when you're in your 20s and 30s it's easy to say, "This is just the way it's supposed to be."

As for a Miltonian philosophical approach to why some people hate MSFS and swear off of it, I don't think it's that abstract or complicated at all. Here's the simple truth: the vast majority of us love the game and don't have problems with it. Simple.
    Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast