Fs9 Re-Install issues

JonBuck

Struggling through a re-install of Fs9 and have some small issues to solve.

a. Used to use the "W" key command to cycle the instrument panel through three views; (1) full panel, (2) no panel, just the primary instruments and a larger forward view. (useful when taxiing tail draggers), and (3) full view with no instruments showing. Another click of the "W" key and you were back to the full panel view again. After re-install this handy feature doesn't work. Anyone know how to restore it?

B. Another handy feature for tail-draggers was the ability to raise the horizon so you can see the taxiway and runway surfaces through the front window of say a DC-3 or B-17 while taxiing or during takeoff. I think the commands to do this was something like Shift + Backspace or Shift+Enter. ou cold aise and lower the horizon this way. Anyhow this also no longer works after reinstall. Anyone know how to restore this feature?

Would appreciate any advice or suggestions...I'm at a loss. :confused:

JonB

Try Settings/Assignments, and reassign the Functions to the appropriate Keys. Or, click "Restore Defaults".

Hope this helps!

Alan 🙂

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Your second suggestion was the key...."restore default settings". That did it. So simple...wish I had thought of it. Will definitely make a note to myself so that if and when I it happens again, I won't have to hunt around for the answer!!!!

Thanks for the tip Alan...really appreciate it!

JonB :)

PS You do have to reset all your controller commands afterwards, though.

No worries! I'm getting back into swimming after a long absence, and I went through the same thing when I was settling up the Sim, too!

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG