FS2020 Wont Launch (Game Pass)

So, I finally finished building a new PC Specifically for FS2020, Installed latest version of Windows 10 Pro ran all the required Updates, after trying many fixes suggested in various Forums this game just wont Launch :-(

Press Play within the Xbox Game pass Menu, Nothing happens.

Launched through Microsoft Store, Nothing Happens

Launched via Administrator after numerous uninstall/Reinstall nothing happens

Tried Repairing, Resetting, Numerous times the game just wont launch, nothing not even a splash screen.

:(

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

That sucks, and I wish I could help. What happens when you press play? Nothing at all, or does it seem like it starts to load, then stops?

Take a look at task manager when you launch the game. Is the CPU and RAM usage going up? Reason I ask is that on my system, it first seems to do nothing when I press play, but task manager shows the game loading in the background.

Also, did you install it in the default directory? I've heard some people complain that the game misbehaves when installed elsewhere.

Hope you get it sorted. I'd be curious to know your experience with a 970 when you get it going. I overclocked the snot out of mine to get the last bit of life out of it.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

That sucks, and I wish I could help. What happens when you press play? Nothing at all, or does it seem like it starts to load,

Unfortunatly Nothing at all

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

Take a look at task manager when you launch the game. Is the CPU and RAM usage going up? Reason I ask is that on my system, it first seems to do nothing when I press play, but task manager shows the game loading in the background.

No Trace, 25min after initial start nothing.

Also, did you install it in the default directory? I've heard some people complain that the game misbehaves when installed elsewhere.

M.2 NvMe Drive

Hope you get it sorted. I'd be curious to know your experience with a 970 when you get it going. I overclocked the snot out of mine to get the last bit of life out of it.

The 970 is actually the car that was using on my previous build, on an i7 2600 and believe it or not the performance wasn't that bad on Mid settings but it wasn't great either I was averaging between 25 30fps with a couple of tweaks in the menu with the 970.

Keep in mind that my second generation i7 on the old build was bottlenecking the GTX 970 the CPU was just too weak for the 970 so the card wasn't performing at 100% I expect performance to be slightly better now with the new CPU i7 10700K and the slightly faster RAM 32GB 3600 DDR4 RAM.

I am in the market for a new card which I wanted to include on my new build but considering that no one has any of the RTX cards available in stock and I am not willing to pay scalpers price I'm stuck with the GTX 970 temporarily LOL

No Trace, 25min after initial start nothing.

M.2 NvMe Drive

The 970 is actually the card that I was using on my previous build, on an i7 2600 and believe it or not the performance wasn't that bad on Mid settings but it wasn't great either I was averaging between 25 30fps with a couple of tweaks in the menu with the 970.

Keep in mind that my second generation i7 on the old build was bottlenecking the GTX 970 the CPU was just too weak for the 970 so the card wasn't performing at 100% I expect performance to be slightly better now with the new CPU i7 10700K and the slightly faster RAM 32GB 3600 DDR4 RAM.

I am in the market for a new card which I wanted to include on my new build but considering that no one has any of the RTX cards available in stock and I am not willing to pay scalpers price I'm stuck with the GTX 970 temporarily LOL

Tried all I could, Perhaps something to do with the version of windows 10 pro I've installed on this new rig.

I've tried using the Powershell CMD to run a couple of commands to uninstall/reinstall Game Services, I've Uninstalled the Xbox App then Re-installed, (with Restarts in between), Performed Game Reset/Rrpair via (Apps and features), Ran as Admin via Task Menu, nothing absolutely diddly.

Refuses to launch, so since the OS is fresh, considering it a new custom build, I'm going re-install the OS via the internet and see if that fixes anything.

Edited by Garciamk3g

My recent problem was not quite the same, but similar.

Here is the fix that I got from tech support. You can give it a try. It might just fis your issue.

Step1. Reset Gaming Services

1. Close Microsoft Flight Simulator

2. From your computer Start menu, navigate to Settings > Apps

3. Type "Gaming" or "Services" in the search bar

4. Select Gaming Services

5. Click on Advanced options

6. Click Reset

7. Reboot the system

8. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator"

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

My recent problem was not quite the same, but similar.

Here is the fix that I got from tech support. You can give it a try. It might just fis your issue.

Step1. Reset Gaming Services

1. Close Microsoft Flight Simulator

2. From your computer Start menu, navigate to Settings > Apps

3. Type "Gaming" or "Services" in the search bar

4. Select Gaming Services

5. Click on Advanced options

6. Click Reset

7. Reboot the system

8. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator"

Hal

No selection for Advance Option under that Service?

M.2 NvMe Drive

I think you misunderstood me. What I meant was that the game seems to have less problems when installed in a different directory than the default installation directory, even if it's still on the same physical disk. Did you select the default installation directory? Otherwise, I'm out of ideas, unfortunately.

I also built myself a new rig as a christmas gift to myself. I wanted to get a Ryzen 5600X and 3070, but I'm not making any scalper scumbag rich either. I barely got my hands on a Ryzen 3100 before even those got stupidly expensive and kept the 970 for now. Best I could do was ensure good case ventilation, buy a hilarously oversized cooler for the 3100 and overclocked everything.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Update below Edited by Garciamk3g

I !!FINALY!! Got it to work, I ended up Reinstalling the OS, I figured there was nothing important to save since this is in fact a new Build with a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro....My guess is that the culprit must have been an Update that was installed In (Round 1) of my OS Install that was conflicting with FS2020. (Lesson Learned Don't install windows updates before testing out FS2020 the first round) Could've saved me hours of Troubleshooting.

I could've just go through the updates one by one and Uninstall them until FS Worked. but honestly i just figured the best way would best approach would be just to start all over again, as trying to troubleshooting was taking up a lot of my time and I was getting exhausted.

Anyhow ones I Did the Fresh Install and stopped the updates immediately ,then I immediately installed FS2020 and it worked. Besides it actually led to a Positive, as I Also decided to Install the OS on my (WD SSD Blue) and now windows is so much faster then it was on the 2TB Seagate barracuda

FS2020 Will now be installed on the M.2 NvMe Drive

Thanks Guys for all the Help, really appreciate all the Advice.