Multiplayer - talk?

I have set up to use multiplayer and have seen other 'players' aircraft at various airfields.

I have also googled the question about being able to talk to other users/pilots and it seems this can be done via DISCORD but I can't find any information on how to use Discord for pilot chat/talk.

Could someone please advise where I can find either a video tutorial or text tutorial.

Is this the best way to do this or can Teamspeak be used and if so where can I find 'groups' to join where FS2020 works?

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Suggestion:

First, just register for an account at Discord.com. You'll get used to Discord after using it for a while, so don't worry about trying to master it through tutorials. It's just a giant chat network, really.

After you are registered, navigate yourself to this particular MSFS pilot, who by the way happens to be a fellow Aussie of yours:

https://discord.com/channels/780018927731474462/780235050368106496

His username is GunPilot and once a week he organizes a well-planned, just-for-fun bush flight around different places that he has mostly flown in real life (he's a retired pilot I think). Giving him a try at least once or twice will be a great way for you to learn the ropes of how multiplayer simming works.

To answer a specific question of yours, to verbally talk to not only GunPilot but also the others on the tour who join him, you would navigate to his Discord Talk channel. You should get into his main server and channel first, and then you will find the talk channel there. Just make sure your microphone is functional.

I am occasionally there but not always. Depends on schedule.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Thanks neilends

I started trying to use discord some time ago and registered and now when I start discord it displays my username, number and 'avatar' bottom left of screen.

In the list on the left of screen I see HOME (obvious) then FS (Flight Simulator) then FS again (Microsoft Flight Simulator) ? (Project Mega Pack) which then lists heaps of stuff.

I keep getting 'asked' to CLAIM ACCOUNT (eg - you can't join voice channels yet - you must claim and verify your account before your can speak). When I attempt to 'claim account it displays my email address and password (eg *******) is displayed and when I continue I am advised 'email is already registered'.

I think this is what I found in the past and then just gave up.

John

An update on my previous reply.

I decided to use a completely different email address which then registered so I now do not get asked to 'claim the account'. Strange that when I attempted to use my usual email address I was 'told' it already existed. Maybe I created a different account earlier.

Anyway now to try and work out how to use it. Already I 'searched' for Gunpilot but nothing was found. How do I get information about that user?

John

Hi John,

I use Teamspeak (TS3) at digitalthemepark.com for all my fs20 communications. It takes up very little resources with no lag.

DTP has a group of friendly simmers who just love to fly anything and it is a good resource for info and assistance.

For an easy setup go to:

https://dtpts.weebly.com/teamspeak-setup-and-use.html

Take a look and give it a try. Its free and 24\7. For all Sims, FSX, P3D, X=Plane, DCS and many other games.

Check out digitalthemepark.com

Tom

An update on my previous reply.

I decided to use a completely different email address which then registered so I now do not get asked to 'claim the account'. Strange that when I attempted to use my usual email address I was 'told' it already existed. Maybe I created a different account earlier.

Anyway now to try and work out how to use it. Already I 'searched' for Gunpilot but nothing was found. How do I get information about that user?

You just click on the link that I had included. Here's the same link again: https://discord.com/channels/7800189...35050368106496

Btw I have also looked into Tom's website, and it also looks very cool. I don't group sim a lot so I just hadn't signed up for it yet.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Hi John,

I use Teamspeak (TS3) at digitalthemepark.com for all my fs20 communications.

Check out digitalthemepark.com

Tom

Thanks for that. I already have Teamspeak installed (from many years ago) and wondered if there were any 'groups' using FS2020 and now I know and will check that out.

John

You just click on the link that I had included. Here's the same link again: https://discord.com/channels/7800189...35050368106496

I (my brain) must be missing something as I did use that link and all it results in is -

discord 2.jpg

I have 'navigated' around the web site (selecting whatever there is to select and viewed whatever was displayed) but could not determine I need to do. Maybe I'm getting past it (although I am a retired analyst/programmer) or maybe Discord is not intuitive or a bit of both?

John

Thanks neilends

That link didn't help me but I have moved on and progressed and selected 'Explore Public Servers' and searched for MSFS2020 and found two joining one named Simverse. I searched for Gunpilot but it didn't find anything. Is his server private and if so how to you get in touch?

Also I haven't yet found anything regarding chatting and voice conservations.

I have a lot to explore.

John