I have been flying MSFS since the early 90's with FS5. Each upgrade was a pleasure to use, each time it was better but not harder. Especially with the latter editions it was a pleasure to fly around the world and especially to control the planes in the cockpit.

With the MSFS2020 Premium Deluxe I thought I saw a new improvement, but.... No! I've had this MSFS2020 since a few weeks after it was released, and frankly, I can't get out of it. I've tried dozens of times to restart with it, but I can't find my way around it to properly start the aircraft and otherwise operate it for a flight as was easy with all previous editions of FS. I'm looking for a way, as with FSX for example, the last previous edition, to place an aircraft somewhere on an airfield, go to it and see, perform the control around the aircraft, get in and start the engines by the book, and then further take off with the help of ATC. The same but in reverse when arriving at a destination airport. I just can't find my way around the controls, I don't understand the logic behind them, while the logic as it is in all previous editions was self-evident, there one didn't have to go searching for 'what should I do now, which switch should I turn...'.

I am looking for a clear operating manual for the MSFS2020....

Can someone point me to such a manual on Internet, or better yet send me a copy of such a manual at jiv1@telenet.be in Belgium. The language is unimportant, I can translate myself to Dutch, the language I speak.

Thank you in advance

Jive1 - Belgium

Hi, sorry to hear you’ve been having problems. You have to remember though, it is a completely different program to all previous flight simulators.

There is a manual available, but it’s not done by Microsoft or Asobo.

see https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?324569-MSFS-Manual

I recommend you check out the many videos on YouTube. There are several excellent ones done by someone who calls himself “Squirrel”

you should check them out.. like this one for example...

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thank you, Steve.

The problem with the videos to me is...

My mother tongue is Dutch and those videos, I had already watched them on a previous recommendation, they are all in English, UK or US, it's the same. For English speaking pilots it is easy to understand and follow. For me, speaking Dutch, it is a bit more complicated, because of the different pronunciations of the speakers. If I didn't understand something because of the language or the pronunciation, which I don't really master, I have to stop and look/listen again, and especially if I'm already flying in FS2020, then it becomes even more difficult. That's why I prefer a written text, a booklet that I can open when I want to look something up. I know there is a written tutorial, but I want to know if it indeed explains all procedures from needle to thread, in order, so that basing hereupon I can start to work out my own logic, which is more like that of all previous FS-editions than what Asobo has made.

So, I'm looking really for a text that I can print myself.

Greetz

Jive1-Belgium

This forum can be helpful for you if you give us some more specific questions.

MSFS 2020 is actually very similar to the 1982 MSFS I started playing on as a kid, in that the basic controls of the Cessna 172 are not different at all. The flaps are still the flaps. The throttle is still the throttle. You can manipulate all of those things with your mouse.

You said for example that you have trouble starting the plane. You can start it by pointing your mouse at the ignition, and clicking so that the key turns toward the right several times until it reaches "start." Once you hit "start," the engine should start.

To skip all of that realism, you can also just hit CTRL-E.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Is there a particular aircraft you are having problems with? If so, then maybe one of us can help with starting the plane.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.