2 Questions About Liveries

1. Can you change liveries when you are at the airport? Or, must you go back to Main Menu and start all over again?

2. On some planes I've had no troubles with (e.g., Bonanza, Socata), I've opened with new liveries I've installed in Community, and find I have no avionics. (To be clear, this does not happen with all new liveries.) I can't find any switch to turn on the avionics. As I recall, in FSX and P3d, the button at the upper left of the screen labeled "C" was the power switch, but it hasn't worked for me in MSFS. Is there a switch to activate avionics? If not, why do some liveries, in the same package from the same developer, disable avionics, and how can I fix this?

Thanks all,

Mac6737

1. No. You have to go back to the main menu and re-select the new livery there.

2. Are you only having this problem with a particular plane when you use certain liveries? If you can't turn the avionics on at all no matter what the livery, then you just need to figure out how to do so using a real-life handbook (the "POH") for that particular plane model, if googling sim sites doesn't give you the answer.

If it's a livery that causes the problem, then I suspect the livery is old and has not kept up with MSFS's major updates over the past year.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

You can change aircraft while at an airport (or anywhere basically) by switching on Developer mode. There’s an option in the developer toolbar menu. You can also change your location this way.

I would therefore think you can probably change liveries that way too, although I haven’t tried that myself.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Interestingly, the one and only time I tried a new livery, I had no avionics working. I aborted the mission and reloaded with the MS Flight Simulator livery that I have been using and it worked. I may try this again to see if it's an issue and if so, report it.

Tim

2. Are you only having this problem with a particular plane when you use certain liveries? If you can't turn the avionics on at all no matter what the livery, then you just need to figure out how to do so using a real-life handbook (the "POH") for that particular plane model, if googling sim sites doesn't give you the answer.

If it's a livery that causes the problem, then I suspect the livery is old and has not kept up with MSFS's major updates over the past year.

I have this problem with a particular plane, but only with certain liveries available for it. To take as an example one of the 2 planes I mentioned: The Beechcraft Bonanza. I DL'd a set of liveries from flightsim.to entitled "liveries-orvidius-g36-stripes . . . etc." It has about a dozen liveries, but I only installed the handful I wanted. ("Extract all" to Community, and then delete the texture files you don't want, is one way to do this.) When you load the Bonanza with some of those liveries, no avionics; others are fine. (I haven't tried all of them yet.) I thought these liveries were recent, but maybe not. In any case, they all come in the same package, so I don't think the problem can be age.

I see that nobody has suggested a way to activate the avionics if they're not already on when you open the flight.

I don't fly the Bonanza that often so I'm not sure, but as I recall there is a button or switch to hit on the left side of the dashboard. It's either a master battery switch, or one specifically for avionics. If you mess around enough on those left switches you will find it. If you really cannot, the livery might be screwing things up within the program.
Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

You can change aircraft while at an airport (or anywhere basically) by switching on Developer mode. There’s an option in the developer toolbar menu. You can also change your location this way.

I would therefore think you can probably change liveries that way too, although I haven’t tried that myself.

Regards

Steve

Thanks, Steve.

Yes, I found the window that displays the current plane, and (apparently) only one other. But I see no way to change the livery of the plane selected.

In any case, it's clear I don't know how to navigate the menus in Dev Mode, and I fear messing something up. For the time being, I'll go back to Main Menu.

Thanks, Steve.

Yes, I found the window that displays the current plane, and (apparently) only one other. But I see no way to change the livery of the plane selected.

In any case, it's clear I don't know how to navigate the menus in Dev Mode, and I fear messing something up. For the time being, I'll go back to Main Menu.

Fair enough. Some say it’s best to stay away from Developer mode as it can cause problems, not that I’ve ever had any issues.

I’ve used it manny times to change aircraft (they should all appear) but not sure about the liveries.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles