Post your flight schedules here

Been mulling this idea for a while and thought I'd try this out.

For anyone who wouldn't mind seeing a second airplane (or more) in their line of sight while attempting any particular flight, please post details here that would allow a fellow forum user to join you, schedules permitting. The key to this working is to post at least the following details:

Date and time of take-off: Use UTC only of course. The more advanced time you post, the more likely it is someone can join you.

Departure airport:

Arrival airport (or if wandering aimlessly just post, "wandering aimlessly"):

Your MSFS server: This is available at any time when you click on your username upper righthand corner. You can't see each other if you are on different servers.

Airplane preference: You might only want Cessna 172s to fly with you. Or maybe you don't care as long as it's any GA plane and not a jetliner. Or maybe you're attempting a Grumman Goose flight. Whatever the case, state a preference.

Communication: If you want an ability to communicate with anyone joining you, state the details here. I'm not big on it personally for the group flights I've participated in. Some MSFS users rely on Discord to either text-chat or voice-chat, and there are plenty of other apps and platforms too. Sign up on Discord if interested. I have family around me and no privacy so voice chatting doesn't work for me.

There are other places you can try group-flying, including the official MSFS calendar (link). You might like but I'm not the biggest fan of them, because the groups are huge and the style of flying isn't really my thing (heavy emphasis on stunt-like landings etc). I just thought it would be cool to have a smaller alternative option based on the fine folks in this forum.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I'll start, just to see what happens. Will do a short flight tomorrow in case anyone wants to join.

Departure airport: Sedona, Arizona (KSEZ).

Arrival airport: Payson, Arizona (KPAN)

Departure date time: UTC 1600 hours, Tue., March 9. (This is 0900 hours local time).

Estimated distance: 42 nm.

MSFS server: West USA.

Airplane preference: Cessna 172 or similar GA plane.

Communication: None this time. Open to ideas.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Giving it some more thought, I figured I should create a convenient communication option too. See updated info below...

Departure date time: UTC 1600 hours, Tue., March 9. (This is 0900 hours local time).

Communication: I've created a place on Discord where we could text-chat. You will need to pre-register for a Discord account first. Once registered, go here: (link)

Giving it some more thought, I figured I should create a convenient communication option too. See updated info below...

Communication: I've created a place on Discord where we could text-chat. You will need to pre-register for a Discord account first. Once registered, go here: (link)

I cant join you for the whole flight but I am joining to see... loading FS now!

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

I'm sitting on the runway now. I'll take off once I see another plane!

I'm sitting on the runway now. I'll take off once I see another plane!

I had to leave I joined only for 2 minutes, I did not see any airplane around. This was like 10+ minutes ago!

I saw many around and it occurred to me that we also need to specify our usernames to find each other, if ever attempting a group flight. So I may have seen you but there were a lot of planes near KSEZ. My username in MSFS is Sudburian.

For future reference, this is a lot easier to do if group members join a Discord channel first (or any agreed upon chatting system, but Discord is set up pretty nicely for this purpose).

I saw many around and it occurred to me that we also need to specify our usernames to find each other, if ever attempting a group flight. So I may have seen you but there were a lot of planes near KSEZ. My username in MSFS is Sudburian.

For future reference, this is a lot easier to do if group members join a Discord channel first (or any agreed upon chatting system, but Discord is set up pretty nicely for this purpose).

Ok good idea to also post MSFS Username.

Departure airport: CYFB (Iqaluit Airport Canada)

Arrival airport: BGGH (Nuuk Godthab Airport Greenland)

Departure date time: Friday 12th March at 14:00 Zulu Time (9:00AM Eastern United States)

Estimated distance: 450 nm

MSFS server: East USA

Airplane preference: Cessna 172 or any other piston that will not go too fast or too slow.

Route of Flight: YFB - MUSVA - 6460N - 6458N - 6455N - KU

Flight Plan: IFR (Real Time & Weather)

MSFS UserName: LaluSheru

I have been trying to do this flight for almost two weeks and it needs to be done...

Departure date time: Friday 12th March at 14:00 Zulu Time (9:00AM Eastern United States)

Airplane preference: Cessna 172 or any other piston that will not go too fast or too slow.

I have been trying to do this flight for almost two weeks and it needs to be done...

Pretty good odds I can join you for this.

I've been learning a lot about icing lately, in ground school and from some MSFS experiences. Clearly, a C172 with no de-icing equipment should never ever be taken up on a route like this. But I did recently reach the northern tip of Alaska in live weather with one, albeit with several almost-fatalities. It would be a fun challenge.

450 nm is also pretty risky in terms of fuel if you hit a headwind!

Pretty good odds I can join you for this.

I've been learning a lot about icing lately, in ground school and from some MSFS experiences. Clearly, a C172 with no de-icing equipment should never ever be taken up on a route like this. But I did recently reach the northern tip of Alaska in live weather with one, albeit with several almost-fatalities. It would be a fun challenge.

450 nm is also pretty risky in terms of fuel if you hit a headwind!

Correct - that is why it has taken too long to do this flight.

I believe in the real world if you were to do this flight, the Cessna 172 will definitely have ferry tank.

Neilends, I got to recommend DigitalThemePark for comms. There is always someone to fly with, it's free and uses a tiny bit of resources. This group has an assortment of for all different types of sims and combat sims like DCS. Many of us fly P3D and xplane too.

Everyone is welcome and all the others are a great resource for FS2020 and DCS.

It is easy going, a lot of guys just hang out and chat while flying. There are also organized flight on Sat. Sun. and Wed. mostly GA stuff.

Give it a try. a simple headset is all you need.. So much fun to talk while flying and not just ATC stuff.

Additional Info: http://www.digitalthemepark.com

TeamSpeak, connect to ts3.digitalthemepark.com

Tom

Neilends, I got to recommend DigitalThemePark for comms. There is always someone to fly with, it's free and uses a tiny bit of resources. This group has an assortment of for all different types of sims and combat sims like DCS. Many of us fly P3D and xplane too.

Everyone is welcome and all the others are a great resource for FS2020 and DCS.

It is easy going, a lot of guys just hang out and chat while flying. There are also organized flight on Sat. Sun. and Wed. mostly GA stuff.

Give it a try. a simple headset is all you need.. So much fun to talk while flying and not just ATC stuff.

Additional Info: http://www.digitalthemepark.com

TeamSpeak, connect to ts3.digitalthemepark.com

Tom

That sounds pretty cool, Tom. I'll give it a try some time.

For me personally voice chat is not a great option. It's a long story but the location of my desktop, the location of my family members, etc., all make it impossible for me to have a private space in which I can talk to to strangers online. Discord, which is popular with a lot of young gamers, has both text chat and voice chat options. I'm going to check your suggestion out though.

If you see this, I should be able to join you. I might have to interrupt myself and risk unmanaged autopilot after about 30 mins. If you want to join a text chat location try here: https://discord.com/channels/767424130470903858/767424131082878981

Update: Abandoning mission because I didn't see you. :cool:

Edited by neilends