Nosewheel steering, and Profiles that cover more than one control

Those are actually two topics, but I am trying to save a few digital trees here so I combine them into one!

First of all, I just got this thing (2020) with my new computer a week ago, and I have yet to really get off the ground! I almost wish I had saved my money and concentrated on XPlane until MS gets this mess sorted out. Am I missing something, or did MSobo actually push this out the door with no provision for setting up a control axis for nosewheel tiller steering ???????? I certainly cannot find anything in the controls section for nosewheel steering! Incredible! Let me refrain from a rant on the ridiculous interfaces, other than to say that this whole evolution has almost soured me on flight simulation! Thank goodness for XPlane!

In the midst of the near impossibility of setting up the Honeycomb yoke and throttle rig for this mess, I also see that, unlike brand X(P), there seems to be no way to link a number of devices together in one profile - ie, the yoke, throttles, and in my case a Thrustmaster T flight for the yaw axis, since my TPR pedals have done something nasty in the bed, if you get my meaning! I need all three of these to be involved in a "profile", and I see no way to do it. Looks like I will have to go in and set everything up, on every device, every time I want to switch airplanes!

Hopefully, some one here will have answers to these questions!

avallillo

Did you just want to vent, or are you actually looking for assistance?

It was hard to find an actual question we could answer in the original post.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

If you are looking for profiles for different hardware to work with different aircraft I would check out SPADnext. They have "profiles" (that's even what they call them), where you can setup say a C172 different from an Airbus. Great, simple user interface that works with all my old Saitek and CH Products for MSFS. Been using it for years. I think they have a free trial and they are several videos on the subject on YouTube.

Check 'em out.

A little of both, I imagine. There is plenty of venting to be done about all of this, to be sure.

Question - is there actually no nosewheel tiller steering dataref (or whatever they are called?) in the Controls area of Settings? I can't find any.

Question 2 - when you have multiple complementary input devices like the Alpha and the Bravo, is there a way to create a profile (or whatever they are called) that encompasses both of them, plus any other hardware such as rudder pedals, as opposed to having to set up a separate profile for each unit?