Older plane, contact points, FSX

rafalrafal

Hello everyone,

This is an old topic discussed many times before, but this matter is not quite clear to me as I am very likely interpreting contact point numbers incorrectly or not quite understanding what does what and was written on this topic so far. What I am trying to do is to tweak contact points for Eric Cantu's B732 to make it sit on the ground a bit more leveled instead of dipping forward. Is there a way to "compress" the main gear a bit more?

Thank you!

Regards

Rafal

Try this: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=92149

It is an 'update' of the aircraft cfg (including contact points). You will notice the compression values have been changed as is the position of the nose gear. I don't have this model so can't test it for you. But the changes make sense to me. You can save your aircraft cfg BEFORE you make any changes. You can put '//' in front of lines of the (contact points) section (Sim will ignore anything after '//') and then copy the new contact point then paste to aircraft cfg - then do a SAVE and you are done. Go try. Let us know if this helped.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

make a backup copy of the original aircraft.cfg file before you start.

(and if not done yet, make a backup copy of the complete fsx folder. (the whole 15Gb I mean). You'll be glad you did, because the day will come that you accidentally delete a default file.)

(It is not possible to copy original files from the Fsx Disks. And using the repair option will often 'fix' more files then just the one you wanted back. So a backup is needed.)

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]