Hanging at startup

I've not had this problem until now. The xbox screen appears, then the Asobo, then the Shark thing. But after that, when it goes to the southwest desert rocks/mountains scene, it freezes up and won't go any further. The music quietly plays in the background, but that's it. I just noticed this as of Thursday night. Is anybody else having this issue, and if so, how do I solve it? Thank you.

Has something been updated.. possibly your antivirus? Might be worth disabling it briefly and seeing if MSFS will launch (or better still.. add MSFS as an exception)

Also, if you’ve got a lot of addons in your community folder, remove them all & try launching.

Worth a try.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

This happened to me earlier this week. It was a cleaner I used to remove junk files.

It somehow got part of my flight sim. I had to reinstall/repair. Luckily it kept my logbook and stats, but I lost my community folder so I had to redownload all the good stuff again.

On the bright side, it is clean and fresh again.

Good luck to you.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

• 2 weeks later...
I've not had this problem until now. The xbox screen appears, then the Asobo, then the Shark thing. But after that, when it goes to the southwest desert rocks/mountains scene, it freezes up and won't go any further. The music quietly plays in the background, but that's it. I just noticed this as of Thursday night. Is anybody else having this issue, and if so, how do I solve it? Thank you.

To follow up where I left off, I found the solution to the problem. Maybe others can benefit from this as well.

While the suggestions given were good places to start, they ultimately were not the problem. The problem turned out to be the loading of the NVIDIA Ge-Force app onto my computer. For some reason it was causing the hang up. I uninstalled it, and it hung on the SW desert scene for it's usual 5 to 7 seconds, then went to the "checking for updates" mode, then the Japan screen, then the U.S. Land and terrain, and then I knew I was through the rest of the intro and ready for the globe screen to appear, which it did.

Be careful of NVIDIA Ge-Force Experience. It has some user friendly dashboard components and the ability to toggle back and forth between gaming driver and studio driver-- relatively quickly, but for any benefit it offers its detriment of not playing nicely with FS2020, makes it a deal breaker for me.

Glad you sorted it :)

I actually removed the GeForce Experience the other day.. but it was when MSFS was crashing & I was trying to find the culprit. Turned out to be the Bing Maps bug. I still haven’t reinstalled Geforce Exp yet though.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I had the same problem wit Geforce Experience. Not in MSFS but in another game. Luckely I installed it just after playing that game and starting it again, so I knew where to look.
17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD