MSFS 2020 Hardware Purchase

Good day guys,

I'm looking to purchase a pre built gaming computer with 49" curved gaming monitor for MSFS20,

I' have very little experience when it comes to computer knowledge, Ive tried to research as much as possible but obviously it's quite over whelming.

I would like to buy a good system capable of running MSFS20 easily with a 49" curved monitor however I don't want to spend blindly when I can get something equally as good but not as expensive.

This is what I am looking at :

Alienware - Aurora R11 Desktop - Intel Core i7 10700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER - 1TB HDD + 512GB SSD - Lunar Light

Best Buy 1,900 USD

I've been looking at a Samsung 49" curved monitor.

Ideally read 3 monitor setup is the best for realism but after reading forums it seems this will just be a nightmare for me to set up, so I am going for a curved single monitor.

Lastly, can I use the curved monitor for view in MSFS 2020 and then use my old flat monitor for my instruments and GPS ?

Any advice is truly appreciated

Thank you all

I hope you're looking at the Samsung CRG9. I've been jonesing for that for a couple months (tax refund purchase).

Currently, MSFS does not support multiple monitors in full screen mode. You can do it in Window mode, but I've heard it's kind of a pain in the a**.

Otherwise, the rest of the system will give you very good performance - maybe not full Ultra, but close to it. Personally, I'd get 1tb or 512gb ssd for your MSFS installation and use the 1tb HD for back-up. SSD's are pretty cheap especially if you're going to spend over $1100 on the monitor.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

I hope you're looking at the Samsung CRG9. I've been jonesing for that for a couple months (tax refund purchase).

Currently, MSFS does not support multiple monitors in full screen mode. You can do it in Window mode, but I've heard it's kind of a pain in the a**.

Otherwise, the rest of the system will give you very good performance - maybe not full Ultra, but close to it. Personally, I'd get 1tb or 512gb ssd for your MSFS installation and use the 1tb HD for back-up. SSD's are pretty cheap especially if you're going to spend over $1100 on the monitor.

I actually sprung for the super wide Samsung, C49RG9x, and I freaking love it. I primarily invested in this for work a long time ago. But I now really enjoy it for MSFS when using VR is inconvenient.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Good day guys,

I'm looking to purchase a pre built gaming computer with 49" curved gaming monitor for MSFS20,

I' have very little experience when it comes to computer knowledge, Ive tried to research as much as possible but obviously it's quite over whelming.

I would like to buy a good system capable of running MSFS20 easily with a 49" curved monitor however I don't want to spend blindly when I can get something equally as good but not as expensive.

This is what I am looking at :

Alienware - Aurora R11 Desktop - Intel Core i7 10700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER - 1TB HDD + 512GB SSD - Lunar Light

Best Buy 1,900 USD

I've been looking at a Samsung 49" curved monitor.

Ideally read 3 monitor setup is the best for realism but after reading forums it seems this will just be a nightmare for me to set up, so I am going for a curved single monitor.

Lastly, can I use the curved monitor for view in MSFS 2020 and then use my old flat monitor for my instruments and GPS ?

Any advice is truly appreciated

Thank you all

Your specs are very similar to mine and I built my machine piece by piece. I dont have the 49" monitor though. The only real difference is I have the 2070 Super and I still have yet to dip below 25fps even when running at the highest settings over NYC or a detailed airport.

I have 2 monitors set up but only use one for the sim and the other for Rex Weather Pro, and charts/ILS info.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

I have the 49", could not get my FSX rig with 3 monitors on a splitter for front windshield. the 49" did the trick. My video card supports 4 monitors, I use one for overhead, and two for the MFDs and avionics. The front is also curved, very nice visual.

Computer specs

Intell@core i-7 -107000, 8-core 3.8GHz turbo, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 16 GBDDR4 -3000MHz memory, 480GB solid state drive, 1TB SATA III hard drive, Windows 10

IMG_20201006_175346214.jpg

Many people recommend 32 GB ram. I've seen reviews where the program begins to run over 16 GB at high settings in high density areas. Some claim you should only use ram from the same kit others claim that in most cases adding another 16 GB kit works fine so long as it's the same make and model with the same latency settings. I added another set of the same Gskill ram to make 32 and it works for me. Otherwise it looks good. What is your controller hardware?
Liquid cooled, Intel i7-10700K, NVIDIA 3070, G.Skill Ram 32 GB, 2TB M.2 NVME. Z490 MB Loads of Christmas lights. :pilot:

If you're able to stretch out the budget you will find that you will have a computer that you can upgrade easier and last you longer with the specs that it will have.

I too was going to Purchase a computer like your's but with the Intel I9, 10800KF, 32GB of Ram and the 3080 GPU.

I was able to get the PC shown below (Aussie Dollars) and add another SDD for Flightsim and upgrade the Power Supply to an 850 Watt with a real good reputation and spend the extra money I saved on a Samsung 49" screen.

When I purchased the computer back in Jan it was $500 off the current price as they must have realised that some of the components were getting quite hard to source.

Cheers,

Ralf..