FS 2020 Just Won't Start Up

I downloaded and installed the standard version, from the MS Store, onto a newly purchased 1TB SSD hard drive I bought just for this. I open the program in the start menu. I allow the MS Store Package Dependency Installer to make changes. Now it crawls at a snails pace. I get the warning that my system does not meet requirements and there may be errors. OK it. I get the X Box, OSOBO , Blacksnake and copyright windows. Get up to Welcome Set Your Experience. In a sub window, it checks for updates. This is where it happens. I get up to New Scenery, with the blue bar at the bottom half way across and then it just shuts off. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again and actually its worse than the first time. The first time I at least got up to a window where it wanted me to set some preferences but I don't reach there anymore. Yes, I know, my Graphics card is below the requirements, but I would have at least thought the program would load and run, just with poor graphics. If I wasn't happy, then I would look into a new card. But I would hate to sink a few hundred dollars into a card and it still doesn't work. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks, Dave

What are your specs? (inc the GPU?) & which version of Won10 do you have? Could your firewall be blocking it?

What you could have done was to sign up for XBOX game pass for one month.. costing £1 / $1 so you could have tried it out.

Too late now of course. All depends on your system specs etc

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Dave, well it’s clearly the graphics card that’s the problem. I personally would never try to use the so called “minimum requirements” as they’ve always been unrealistic. In my opinion you really need the recommended specs at least. Your graphics card doesn’t even make the minimum grade though, as you already know. Your CPU is about the recommended level.. & your ram is fine.

One thing you could (& should) do though is update your graphics card drivers. Your current drivers are over 5 years old!

Assuming MSFS still won’t launch after updating the drivers, then I’d seriously think about upgrading the gpu.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

I’m not all that familiar with AMD graphics cards so I would suggest looking on the AMD website..

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000-series/amd-radeon-hd-6670

However, I’ve had a quick look myself and it appears they are no longer supporting your card.

The 5 year old drivers you have, might actually be the last ones they made for it.

Ultimately I think you need a new graphics card.

Regards

Steve