Multipanel auto pilot does not work, buttons do not light up

I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the Logitech panels plugin. My radio panel works; when I change frequencies on the panel, the frequencies also change in the cockpit radio panel. But the multipanel is only partially functional. The flap lever and trim wheel work. The display lights up and shows the AP setting (HDG; VS, etc.). But the various buttons below the display, for AP and so on, are dark. They've never been illuminated. I realized they weren't working the other day when I tried to set a heading and nothing happened. I assume this is a software/driver issue.

I followed the driver installation instructions to the letter, as far as the letters took me, which seemingly wasn't far enough.

First step: visit the website and download the "latest drivers and software" for my OS. Did that.

Step two: "With device(s) disconnected "follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation." Well I never got to that step because when I downloaded the drivers, a little window an image of a cockpit instrument panel appeared, with a clickable "finish" box. I clicked that box and the little window disappeared; there were no follow-on, onscreen instructions.

So what's going on with this? Anybody?

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Hi Steve, you need to go into the registry editor (you shouldn’t have to, but it’s the only way it’ll work at the moment)

This is a good video, explaining what you need to do.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Steve, you need to go into the registry editor (you shouldn’t have to, but it’s the only way it’ll work at the moment)

This is a good video, explaining what you need to do.

Regards

Steve

My multipanel's display works; the buttons--AP, HDG, NAV, etc.--don't. I never ran a test on them. In fact, I don't know to do that. Is there some button you need to push? As for the video, none of my MSFS peripherals show up when I go to "devices" in settings, and without them there, I can't even follow the video's instructions. Why aren't they visible? Do you know why this would be?

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Sorry about the confusion there.

It’s strange that they’re not showing up in the devices list. How are they connected.. directly into the PC or into a USB hub?

Also are they plugged into usb 2 or usb 3 sockets? I know Saitek panels can be a bit funny & work best with USB 2 (the blue sockets)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Sorry about the confusion there.

It’s strange that they’re not showing up in the devices list. How are they connected.. directly into the PC or into a USB hub?

Also are they plugged into usb 2 or usb 3 sockets? I know Saitek panels can be a bit funny & work best with USB 2 (the blue sockets)

Regards

Steve

They're plugged into the PC, in regular USB sockets; I don't know if they're "blue," but they're definitely not USB 3 sockets. I had initially plugged them into the yoke hub, until I figured out that they weren't getting enough power from the hub.

Steve, it appears I’ve given you the wrong info. Blue usb is actually USB 3.. & all mine are actually plugged into USB 3 (just checked)

Yours probably will be too as your Omen 25L has several of these.

I would maybe try a different usb socket though & see if it comes on.

Regards

Steve

Steve, it appears I’ve given you the wrong info. Blue usb is actually USB 3.. & all mine are actually plugged into USB 3 (just checked)

Yours probably will be too as your Omen 25L has several of these.

I would maybe try a different usb socket though & see if it comes on.

Regards

Steve

I read somewhere that these panels do not like USB 3 sockets.

I read somewhere that these panels do not like USB 3 sockets.

That’s what I thought too, but then mine appear to work fine (not that I can see them working while I’m in VR now)

It might be just a case of you swapping USB sockets.

Regards

Steve

That’s what I thought too, but then mine appear to work fine (not that I can see them working while I’m in VR now)

It might be just a case of you swapping USB sockets.

Regards

Steve

Turns out there was nothing wrong with my multi panel. It didn't work in the Cessna 152 because the 152 does not have an autopilot. I figured this out by looking around the console and not finding one. Then I switched to the 172. which does have autopilot and, voila, it worked. I clicked the buttons on the virtual console and the lights lit up on my panel, and vice versa. Talk about realism... On the other hand, the flap lever doesn't seem to work in the 172, at least not on the ground in the external camera view. I couldn't get airborne to test it because I couldn't find the parking brake. A problem to solve another day...

At least the mystery is solved LOL

Happy flying :)

Regards

Steve