FS98 Gauges

ac103010

Hi.

I'm trying to instal some decent panels for the B727-200. In my opinion the most beautiful aircraft ever to grace our skies. However, it's an old aircraft and so the panels for it are also old, FS2004 being the latest I can find. The result is they mostly use gauges that are from FS98 and FS2002 and won't work in FSX. Are there any replacement gauges for these?

Thanks.

Allan

I ran into the same situation as you describe. In reference to your previous post about selecting the TDS 727 over the Thomas Ruth model. I choose the Ruth model for one particular reason. In the Ruth model, ALL the doors are animated and having the GSX program, it was important to me to have doors that opened to simulate real functions, such as people walking through an opened door as opposed to walking through a closed door! Ouch. Aside from that, both models are very well done.

To address your panel issue, I also decided to use a panel bitmap from a 2002 creation by Lonny Payne . Just a personal preference but I liked the bitmap and layout of gauges. I did have to changes gauges for it to work in FSX but there are a few 727 panels in the library that will work in FSX so you shouldn't have trouble finding one to suit your needs.

Edited by miatamariner

Hi.

The reason for 2 x B727's is that all the ai packages have very few Iberia aircraft at airports I use quite a lot, eg, Malaga, Gerona, Palma de Majorca and Girona, so I'm steadily creating my own. So I'm constantly looking out for additional aircraft to avoid having a multiplicity of aircraft with the same Registration being parked next to each other. Wherever possible I also like to fly the aircraft.

So fas as the panels are concerned, the A/P on the B727 is ungainly whereas the panel with the gauge issue is nicer and easier to use. Normally I wouldn't mind just swopping the odd gauge from one panel to another but in this case it's almost rvery gauge. So frustrating. Oh well, try another, I suppose.

Allan