Updating MSFS 2020

I don't think MSFS is updating. It was purchased at the Microsoft Store for me as a gift. When I start MSFS a screen shows up stating "Checking For Updates". The Circle spins for a while, then continues to load the simulator. I have version 1.12.13.0 which I think is the updated version back in December. I thought it has been updated once or twice since then (I might be wrong). Anyway, I have read that MSFS will search for updates after starting the simulator, then allow you to install the updates. Also you can go to the Microsoft Store, click on the 3 dots on the upper right side of the screen and click on "Downloads And Updates. But the only things that show up for updating are the standard Microsoft software that comes with Windows 10. Am I not understanding how updating works or is there possibly something wrong?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hi Kevin, you have the latest version.

As you know, Msfs checks for updates everytime you launch it. The latest one is still 1.12.13.0 but we are expecting the next world update soon (hopefully)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thank you for your response, Steve. I appreciate it very much. I look forward to the new updates. I just love this simulator. I flew around for the first 2 weeks without having the online data on and I still thought it looked fantastic. I couldn't believe how much better it looked after I turned on the online data, etc.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Not a problem. Glad you’re enjoying it so much. We’ve never had it so good :)

Happy flying!

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles