Just Joined this Forum, Please Read

Just joined. An Intro. Just purchased FS2020 Premium. Used to play FS2000 or 2002 cant remember exact, but has long gone from my updated PC. I wanted to do a hardware upgrade last October 2020, but severe supply problems prevented it. Try again in Spring. However on my present system i7-6700K (o/clocked), 32GB Ram, GTX980Ti and 1.46TB SSDs (750GB spare), FS2020 seems to run very smooth in high graphics settings. My VR Oculus Rift CV1, although is fantastic in FS in some ways, the graphics are not very sharp, even after tweaking. And besides I find the headset is very uncomfortable for any length of time. Trying to work out how to add my own objects to FS, by using Blender and the SDK. Looking for online written tutorials? I have used 3D Apps before, so some experience. Oh yes, how do you add a profile photo, can't see how?
Intel i7-6700K, Asus Max VIII Hero, Corsair 3200MHz 32GB, Asus GTX 980Ti, 1.46TB SSD's, Corsair H80, Corsair 860w PSU, Corsair Carbide Case, Oculus Rift CV1, Dell 27''4K IPS Monitor, LG OLED 4Khdr 55''TV, Saitek X52 Flight Control.

Just joined. An Intro. Just purchased FS2020 Premium. Used to play FS2000 or 2002 cant remember exact, but has long gone from my updated PC. I wanted to do a hardware upgrade last October 2020, but severe supply problems prevented it. Try again in Spring. However on my present system i7-6700K (o/clocked), 32GB Ram, GTX980Ti and 1.46TB SSDs (750GB spare), FS2020 seems to run very smooth in high graphics settings. My VR Oculus Rift CV1, although is fantastic in FS in some ways, the graphics are not very sharp, even after tweaking. And besides I find the headset is very uncomfortable for any length of time. Trying to work out how to add my own objects to FS, by using Blender and the SDK. Looking for online written tutorials? I have used 3D Apps before, so some experience. Oh yes, how do you add a profile photo, can't see how?

Hi, welcome to the forum. Glad you’re managing to run MSFS on high settings. It’s not surprising you’re finding it to be a little blurry in VR Mode though. It’s quite normal. I sold my Rift CV1 last year and bought a Reverb G2 instead. Much clearer but there’s still a little blurriness. The cockpit gauges etc are sharp with the G2 though. You can up the graphics settings of course but you end up with a slideshow.

I don’t know much about your graphics card but as far as I know they’re still pretty good. You might want to look into upgrading the CPU though.

As for your question on adding your own objects... sorry can’t help, but I’m sure others here can

How to add photo? Click on membership at the top.. and edit avatar / profile picture

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi and welcome back to flightsim. You have timed your return to perfection [emoji4]

As far as scenery design there is a really good youtuber called Flying Theston who has done a raft of videos to help you get started. If you used Gmax or 3dsmax in the past then you should get your head around Blender no problem. There is a plugin for Blender to enable the export into a format that MSFS will be able to use. This is all covered by Flying Theston in his videos.

Also worth visiting are the forums a FSDeveloper. Plenty of help for Blender etc there.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your work !

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Hi Keith, I've seen a couple of the videos but could do with a written step by step guide to follow. Do you know of a pdf or other written set of instructions?

Alternatively, I suppose I could watch a video and take notes.

My default (system test) flight is in and out of UK2000 EGGD, so I Fly over WSM pier most days (thanks again for that one). I want to have a go at creating WSM from google as I did a lot of gliding there in the 80s, though most of the airfield has now sadly become a housing estate.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Hi Keith, I've seen a couple of the videos but could do with a written step by step guide to follow. Do you know of a pdf or other written set of instructions?

Alternatively, I suppose I could watch a video and take notes.

My default (system test) flight is in and out of UK2000 EGGD, so I Fly over WSM pier most days (thanks again for that one). I want to have a go at creating WSM from google as I did a lot of gliding there in the 80s, though most of the airfield has now sadly become a housing estate.

Hi Ian,

I am not aware of any step by step documents available but they are probably out there, I just haven't looked for one. Once you have exported a couple of objects from Blender and got them into the sim it gets easier to remember the steps.Perhaps check out the tutorials on FSDeveloper.

Glad you are enjoying the pier. I intend to do more but I am currently waiting to see what we get in the UK update from Asobo.

Good luck

Keith

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk