MFS CTD solutions thread- Proven solutions only please

Hi all,

It seems that there are many reasons for CTDs so this thread is to list proven solutions to various causes.

Please keep all posts to this thread for CTD solutions. Please only post to this thread if you are detailing a proven solution to your own CTD problems.

If you need to ask a question about one of the solutions given in this thread please raise a separate post for it otherwise the solutions become hard to find amongst the chatter. Thank you.

Here is the solution to my own CTD to get things rolling.......

Symptoms- CTD without any on screen error message.

Solution :-

Open the Microsoft Store app on the PC's program list.

Click the three dots in the upper right corner.

Go to "Downloads and Updates"

(On my PC it was missing an update to C++)

Download and install the updates

Log out of Microsoft Store

Reboot the PC so that any updates take effect

Log back into Microsoft Store

This fixed things for me.

Good luck

Stinger

My PC specs:- Intel i7 10700, RTX2080ti, 32gb Ram, M2 Solid State Drive.

Windows 10 buiild 19041.685

MSFS installed for the MS store.

I've had 2 CTDs to date. The first after installing the liveries megapack, but I think that related to long file names and I've now done the registry tweak to allow them.

The second came after installing the Cardiff airport freeware scenery, though strangely this has worked flawlessly ever since.

First suspect for me would always be something in the community folder so the solution is to clear the folder and give it another go. Sometimes add-ons don't play together very well and photo scenery can sometimes be hit or miss.. (Keith's piers have all been fine though :) ).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

C++ is a compiler. MSFS2020 is a program that was compiled at Asobo before distribution.

Whatever fixed your system, if it is fixed, wasn't a C++ update.

So much for "proven fixes".

You aren't the only one here who imagines an ability to conjure up answers to complex technical issues without a grounding in computer hardware or computer software. I've read some real voodoo stuff on this forum.

*shakes head*

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

C++ is a compiler. MSFS2020 is a program that was compiled at Asobo before distribution.

Whatever fixed your system, if it is fixed, wasn't a C++ update.

So much for "proven fixes".

You aren't the only one here who imagines an ability to conjure up answers to complex technical issues without a grounding in computer hardware or computer software. I've read some real voodoo stuff on this forum.

*shakes head*

So thats your solution then yes? Please at least read the thread

Also, were the updates compiled before distribution?

Either way the solution worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by stinger2k2