With Great Sadness! for now.

Hi All,

This is a long post of my sad downhill journey with MSFS 2020.

I have been using Microsoft FS since the Commodore 64 version, all the way thru to MSFS X Acceleration and now MSFS 2020.

It was with great anticipation, I ordered the pre-release and quickly downloaded the release in August, on to my new computer running a intel core i7 10700 on an asus ROG Strix Z490-E with 32Gb DDr4 ram and a Nvidia 8Gb DDR6 RTX2060 Super graphics card

I was quite pleased and amazed at the overall quality and look of the program.

I set-up my CH Products "Eclipse" Yoke, the same way, as I had been using MS FSX and MS Flight on this computer for a couple of months.

Okay surprised that I had to configure all the bindings.

Not a big deal, just an annoyance.

After setting up and saving the profile, away I happily go until the Japan update.

The saved profile did not work!

Had to delete and redo, okay!.

Each update after that, had to delete and redo, until update 1.12.13.0. and the sadness.

After several attempts and different approaches and over 5 hrs of effort, I cannot get the throttle, mixture and propeller controls to work in the proper direction.

Yes, i deleted the profiles and redid them, several times, including restarting computer,

made sure the CH Product drivers were gone from "Device Manager"

I have built, and maintained over 300 high end broadcast video and 3D computer editing systems, over the last 25 years.

I am truly excited and complement MS and Asobo on a truly remarkable product.

I am disappointed (as evidently, many others are), that a product like this does not more consistently and easily support, one of the most prevalent controllers available!

I have an Honeycomb Alpha controller and I am awaiting my Honeycomb throttle quadrant.

I see from others comments that these work well with MSFS 2020.

So it is with great sadness, that I put aside MSFS 2020, until my new throttle quadrant comes in.

I feel that, I will also have to replace my exuberant recommendations of MSFS 2020, with a footnoted caveat, that one may need to spend an additional dollars well beyond the $60 cost of the program, to have a more reliable experience, using your previously hefty and functional investment.

I will anxiously await and look forward to the time, I can reliable start MSFS 2020 and use my previously saved profiles or create a profile for the CH Products, that does not get corrupted by an update.

Microsoft and Asobo, I commend you, for an incredible product and your very proactive update program.

Please consider what, I( and many others like me), see as a glaring oversight and impediment to a wider market!

Until than, I will continue to highly recommend MSFS 2020 with a BIG Caveat!

You could have bought FSUIPC7 and done your assignments in there. That way it doesn't get affected by the updates.

At least you get a new toy in the Honeycomb to play with, users seem to like them very much.

Good luck

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not sure why adding the throttle quad would make a difference regarding your issue but I can relate as I too lost my settings after an update? And it required d/l the base 1GB again to get things working. It looks like the latest update has resolved this as I still have my custom settings on my game pad (using that for the drone).

May I suggest trying out SpadNext. I use it for 99% of my custom settings, all my Saitek and GoFlight hardware and panels. Great, simple, graphical interface. Updated consistently. I use it for P3Dv5 and MSFS. I believe it has a free trial so I would check it out.

Clutch

I feel your pain. I was using CH products Flight Sim Yoke and the CH Pro Pedals. Mapping was such a PITA but I finally got it done. While it was great in FS9 it wasnt that great in FS2020. Luckily I got the Honeycomb Yoke and Saitek/Logitech Throttles and it is like night and day!!. The response is so much different and better yet, I didnt have to map them at all. Just had to learn the maps. Still using the CH Pro Pedals until my new ones come in. Landing challenge scores have gone up a ton.

Like Petty said....Waiting is the hardest part. Good luck.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**