setting up free look

I have been trying to set up my hat switch on the CH yoke, but can not get the function I am looking for. Would like to be able to move my head, left, right, up and down and to stay in that position until I move the hat again, or hit a reset view button that I have on my yoke. I use to be able to move left lockable, or right lockable, but that function at this time is gone.

Would really rather have the free look feature just using my hat switch.

any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Hobbitrocks

Hi, I’ve just been taking a look at my settings too. I use a Honeycomb yoke but it still has a hatswitch.

Focusing on the “Joystick PoV Left” button for the time being... it appeared to already have at least three commands preassigned (I didn’t set these). I found & removed the assignments for “cockpit quickview left” and also “previous instrument view” - both of these were assigned to the same switch. There is at least another thing assigned but I haven’t found that yet) You may want to check if you too have other commands already setup

Setting the (left) POV to “cockpit look left (lockable)” didn’t do anything, as I guess you have found.

However, “cockpit look left” pans the view around to the left. Presumably the right POV will work the other way.

I tend to just use my mouse to look around & use the top hat for resetting the view / raising it for landing.

Anyway hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles