Installation of CH Yoke and Pedals

Hi,

I just spent an entire day attempting to get my CH products to "talk" to FS2020 - but to no avail. Grrr! Has anyone identified instructions (a video perhaps) that clearly spells out the process for accomplishing this task? I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

Search YouTube for ‘Squirrel’. He has done numerous videos regarding many different MSFS 2020 things.

Type ‘Squirrel MSFS 2020’ into the YouTube search bar. In the results you’ll see ‘Tutorial #2 Periphial Controls setup. That helped me out in setting up my CH Yoke and Pedals. I used my iPad to play the video so I could follow along with him, you can pause while you set up each part of your controls.

Edited by wblackret
Jetline GT2, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, liquid cooled i7 9700K, 750 PSU, 2 TB SSD, MSFS 2020, P3D V4.5 and FSXSE.

Search YouTube for ‘Squirrel’. He has done numerous videos regarding many different MSFS 2020 things.

Type ‘Squirrel MSFS 2020’ into the YouTube search bar. In the results you’ll see ‘Tutorial #2 Periphial Controls setup. That helped me out in setting up my CH Yoke and Pedals. I used my iPad to play the video so I could follow along with him, you can pause while you set up each part of your controls.

Ahhh - Thank you sooo much. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Looking back at this day, I would MUCH have preferred flying my own 150 today, despite the predicted bumps in the sky, than dealing with this installation. Microsoft may have put out a great program but they sure missed the boat when it came to addressing the needs of the sizable CH community. The fact that they did is really surprising.

You are quite welcome! I agree, you would think that they would have included CH products so they would be recognized, but they didn’t. Just a tip, also search for sensitivity settings on YouTube. I know I ran across a couple of video regarding those as well, could have been Squirrel, but not sure. Once you get the controls set up, you should set the sensitivity of each axis. Use what is recommended, but adjust from there to suit how it feels to you. Good luck!
Jetline GT2, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, liquid cooled i7 9700K, 750 PSU, 2 TB SSD, MSFS 2020, P3D V4.5 and FSXSE.

Thanks once again. All of this frustration leads me to miss FS 2004 all the more. I would have been very happy sticking with it. But then again - flying my own 150 - which is hangared about 125 miles from me - would make me even happier.

A Happy and Safe Thanksgiving to you.

If your Ch products are recognized by windows 10, they will be recognized in MSFS 2020. Check under setting>Bluetooth & other devices. Afterwards, you have to manually assign all buttons and axis - and make sensitivity curves for the axes under the sensitivity tab in msfs2020. If your having trouble having window recognizes , some people download the old CH Control manager for windows to see their product. AVSIM forum has a more info - user Donstim

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/580494-ch-pro-yoke-and-pro-pedals-unsupported/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-4307117

ch product.PNG

Edited by Livio_PWG

Thank you for that. Unfortunately, it's the manual assignment of buttons, etc. that seems to be problematic. It would be very gracious of the folks who put this program together if they would come out with a patch to deal with these issues on behalf of the multitude of consumers of CH products. I wonder why they haven't. Hmmm.