Logitech Multi-panel not working in FSX

vul75002

Just purchased this device mainly for X-Plane 11 to which I got it mostly working but I also run FSX and trying desperately to get it working in FSX. I downloaded the "plugin" for FSX from Logitech's website but there are NO instructions anywhere on their site or the Internet to set it up. From what I have been reading there is a driver and a plugin but I don't know where these files are supposed to be installed.

Here are the files that are provided after the .exe file is run. Once the .exe is run, it places an icon on the desktop that is supposed to be run prior to starting FSX. It doesn't work.

These files are placed in the following location; Program Files\Logitech\Microsoft Flight Simulator Plugin

FipGuages.xml (this is not a typo. This is how it came)

LogiMicrosoftFlightSimulator.exe

PluginPages.xml

SimConnect.dll

There is also an included folder named "Gauges" that contains many xml files and another folder called 1024 that contain many .bmp files.

Can someone who has successfully got this panel to work in Windows 10 with the provided files give me detailed instructions as to where each file is supposed to be installed. I greatly would appreciate any assistance. Thx.

Edited by vul75002

TextRich,

I have no idea how to use SPADNext. I downloaded the trial version and I am totally lost. Their instructions are outdated and basically useless since it doesn't keep up with the new updated versions and the instructions are very vague.

Since SPADNext mentions SimConnect and FSUIPC to be used with FSX, I know nothing about them. If you can guide me as to what needs to be done, where to install files to get my Multi-panel working in FSX using SPADNext I would be grateful. This would help me determine if I should purchase the full version if I do get it working. I am using Windows 10, 64-bit.

It's interesting that many members here have sold their panels along the way. Probably because they determined these panels don't work and there is NO support for them and if SPADNext is the only solution, that didn't work for them.

Edited by vul75002

vul, have you tried downloading the Getting Started guide? First of all you would benefit from downloading/installing FSUIPC version 4 (free demo is good enough). SimConnect is already installed with FSX. Enable both in FSUIPC's Setup Wizard.

https://www.spadnext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=226

To be honest I haven't tweaked that software all that much. I just connect my panels, run SPAD.neXt as administrator, and then run FSX. Try a default aircraft in a free flight, powered on, and everything should work. Read the guide and feel free to ask here or in SPAD's forums. The Getting Started guide is quite expansive and my energy would be better spent asking specific questions as they come up as needed.

I'm not sure what else budget level panels are available and compatible with both FSX and MSFS. I think a lot of sellers you have heard of only tried Logitech's drivers for FSX, gave up, and aren't aware that a much more powerful version than Logitech's software exists for them. I love my panels and SPAD and the community can try to pry them out of my cold and dead hands.

Text,

Not only have I read The Getting Started Guide, I printed the entire thing in color. After following the instructions the best I can, my Multi panel is not working in FSX. What I do see at the top menu bar in FSX is the new "addon" link and all I see is FSUIPC and it doesn't appear to do anything. SimConnect also doesn't appear to be working either. There is no reference to it being active or functioning. I like a challenge but this is getting more frustrating than I expected.

Edited by vul75002

Have you run the SPAD.neXt software? It must be running, prior to starting up FSX. The panels won't work if SPAD is not running. It is recommended to right-click on the software and run as admin (or set it in Windows so it always run as admin).

EDIT: one more thing - when SPAD.neXt first runs, click on the icon showing flight panels on the left. For each panel, make sure Virtual Power is turned on (you probably have one, I have three of them). If you do not see your panel, it may need to be plugged into a different USB slot or plugged into a powered USB hub - I get that problem once in a while with my Multi Panel but never with my Switch and Radio panels.

Also, if you still struggle, go to Windows Programs & Features and ensure the Logitech drivers are uninstalled. They may conflict. I have SPAD running without Logitech/Saitek drivers.

Edited by TextRich