Hi. Since the latest update I am finding that the sim runs for about 30 seconds and then everything stops for about 2 seconds.It h appens even with the planes sitting at the gate,the ground traffic stops.Has anyone had a similar experience and is there a fix?

Thanks

Hi. Since the latest update I am finding that the sim runs for about 30 seconds and then everything stops for about 2 seconds.It h appens even with the planes sitting at the gate,the ground traffic stops.Has anyone had a similar experience and is there a fix?

Thanks

yes it seems to freeze and stutter after the update WHAT A MESS

I just flew KMCI to KPIR in the Longitude, without any issue? No freeze or stutter?

What are your computer specs?

What is your internet connection speed?

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

The I5 9600K should run the program well, although the GTX 1660ti is in the lower range of performance for the sim. I think your issue is related to your internet connection speed. Anything below about 20 MB/sec will probably bottleneck this program significantly. I suspect the update moved a bit more of the processing into the cloud, which might help folks with lower computer specs, but hurts folks with slow internet connections. Also, your connection speed may be dropping even lower at times? Also, some ISPs will lower your data rate if you exceed a certain total download/month (which could have happened after an update).

If you fly in only a limited area, you could create a cache of scenery for that area, but the download will take hours.

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Update. I spoke to a freind who is a long term flightsimmer and had a similar problem.I always have my VPN on and he suggested to try the sim without it and it works just fine.Problem solved,will wait and see what happens in patch #6.

In another thread here there is a suggestion to increase cache size to something huge and then fly over the area you want to capture for future flights. That way your internet speed becomes less important.
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.