Low GPU and CPU Utilization

I can't get my GPU and CPU usage any higher than what is indicated in screenshots below. It's the same over ocean, land and at JFK, although FPS takes a nose dive at JFK. Is this an optimization issue with the sim or is there some setting in MSFS or Nvidia that will increase usage and allow me to get more fps? Graphic settings are a mixture of medium and high, Live traffic and weather.

The CPU and GPU are not working very hard. Would like to see GPU around 90% usage.

CPU: I7-8700

GPU: GTX 1080 overclocked

Nvidia Control Panel: Power Mgmt-Max Perf, Texture Filtering-High

msfs_GPU02.jpg msfs_GPU03.jpg

Mike

Windows 10 Home 64bit / Intel i7-8700, 6 Core, 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM DDR 4 / GTX 1080 OC / SSD(2) / 27" 165 Hz 1440p Monitor / Internet 805 Mbps down, 24 Mbps up

• 2 months later...

With 8 cores, my CPU usage is about 17-18% (I take that back, after the last update that went up to 23-24%). The program only really works about 2 cores, the others are just running background tasks and loafing. My GPU usage is higher, but I am running about 115% more pixels 1980x1200.

At anything over 30 fps, the program seems quite smooth. I think you are fine!

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

You may want to take a look at the sofly manual for sale on here. It has some good ideas to help with this and many other things.

I am long time simmer (since MS v1.0) for PC and this little manual really helped me out.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

You may want to take a look at the sofly manual for sale on here. It has some good ideas to help with this and many other things.

I am long time simmer (since MS v1.0) for PC and this little manual really helped me out.

It seems that I`ve fixed my problem.I went on ultra settings and unlocked V synch...Now my GPU and CPU runs like dream.

@BorisMarkus

Does "unlocked V sync" mean that you enabled it or disabled it?

Ryzen 5800X, RTX 3080, 32GB RAM (3600),EVGA 850W Gold PSU, Gigabyte X570 Master mb, Noctua NH-U12A, Samsung 1TB 970 EVO+ PCIEe 3, D: drive 1TB PNY PCIe 3, Honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant, LG 34" ISP 1440 monitor, Internet 230 Mbs over Wi-Fi