ATC and Co-Pilot Voices Very Low

I would like to use my external speakers for all sounds. Engine sound and environmental sounds are acceptable, but ATC and Co-Pilot voices are very low and I can barely hear them. With headphones all sound is perfect.

Sound settings are as follows:

MSFS Settings

Communications Selection: Default

Text to Speech Settings: Azure (tried windows offline and no improvement)

Master: 100

Voices: 100

Aircraft Engines: 74

Windows Audio Settings

Speakers set as default device and default communications device

Volume at 100%

Default format: 24bit 48000 Hz

Mike

Windows 10 Home 64bit / Intel i7-8700, 6 Core, 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM DDR 4 / GTX 1080 OC / SSD(2) / 27" 165 Hz 1440p Monitor / Internet 805 Mbps down, 24 Mbps up

My sound settings are shown below. Voices are still the loudest of all the sounds.sounds.JPG

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Thanks Art. That's good to know. I'm beginning to think it must be something with a Windows 10 audio setting or the sound card because everything's nice and loud with headphones, so it's gotta be software or hardware related and not the sim.

I do run the headphones with the onboard MB audio and speakers go through a Sound Blaster card.

Mike

Windows 10 Home 64bit / Intel i7-8700, 6 Core, 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM DDR 4 / GTX 1080 OC / SSD(2) / 27" 165 Hz 1440p Monitor / Internet 805 Mbps down, 24 Mbps up

Well, I switched my external speakers from the Sound Blaster Card to the onboard audio output and the atc/co-pilot voices blew my doors off, so it's definitely something with the Sound Blaster.

Make sure a sound setting called noise reduction or something along those lines is not turned on in your Sound Blaster control panel.

I don't have any control panel software for the SB, so I'll see if I can download a ui for the card.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. At least I've identified the cause now and hopefully will find a fix.

Edited by Leadraft

Mike

Figured this out in case anyone else has this issue. If you have 2.1 speakers (2 speakers plus woofer), audio channel must be set to Stereo. I had it set on 5.1 Surround.

speakers.gif

Mike

Greetings all,

Leadraft, yeah it seems as if the 2.1/5.1 setting changes every time Windows updates itself. I have to reload the SoundBlaster suite every update when using my Zx external mike/headphones/volume control. I'm sure your discovery will helps a bunch of folks.

Respectfully,

Brian