Controller Fuel Selector Assignment

I have a Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant. I'd like to assign one of the switches to toggle the fuel selector switches.

For example - one physical switch = button 1 (upper), and button 2 (lower)

Press Joystick button 1 turns Left fuel selector ON. Pressing it again, turns it off.

Press Joystick button 2 turns right fuel selector ON, and a second press turns it off.

I'm not sure what functions to assign to each button from the list of available fuel tasks.

I don't see any toggle, so I'm not even sure if this is possible, or I am going to have to use two swiches for 4 buttons. Switch 1 button 1 is LEFT ON, 2 is LEFT OFF; switch two, button 3 is RIGHT ON, button 4 is RIGHT OFF.

I have a Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant. I'd like to assign one of the switches to toggle the fuel selector switches.

For example - one physical switch = button 1 (upper), and button 2 (lower)

Press Joystick button 1 turns Left fuel selector ON. Pressing it again, turns it off.

Press Joystick button 2 turns right fuel selector ON, and a second press turns it off.

I'm not sure what functions to assign to each button from the list of available fuel tasks.

I don't see any toggle, so I'm not even sure if this is possible, or I am going to have to use two swiches for 4 buttons. Switch 1 button 1 is LEFT ON, 2 is LEFT OFF; switch two, button 3 is RIGHT ON, button 4 is RIGHT OFF.

The best way to find all of the assignment options is to go into controls, set to ALL instead of ASSIGNED then put FUEL in the search box.

Just try out each of the possible options. If there is no toggle then you could try FSUIPC7 which opens up all of the simconnect events and may give you more options.

FSUIP7 is free to try at the moment because it is in beta.

I have similar issues with my home built cockpit but I am waiting for the bugs to be ironed out of fsuipc7 before i download.

Good luck

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Stinger, thanks somuch for sharing your insight.

It's been forever since I used FSUIPC and even Linda to identify and work with Lvars. Time to dust off the memory cells.

I was hoping that the functions I needed, in whatever configuration of button use needed (ie toggle or other) were included in the list of default MSFS functions for "fuel selection".

fs1.JPG

fs2.JPG

fs3.JPG

fs4.JPG

Hi Stinger, thanks somuch for sharing your insight.

It's been forever since I used FSUIPC and even Linda to identify and work with Lvars. Time to dust off the memory cells.

I was hoping that the functions I needed, in whatever configuration of button use needed (ie toggle or other) were included in the list of default MSFS functions for "fuel selection".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]222076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]222077[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]222078[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]222079[/ATTACH]

I agree. I too was hoping not to need FSUIPC and LINDA but i guess that the sim is adressed to the majority of simmers just using a joystick or minimal set of peripherals.

From what i know to date there are no Lvars visible to play with but its early days for us cockpit builders.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk