I'm sorry, some remarks...

Hey!

I do it reluctantly, but I really can't resist, it's far too conspicuous....

FS2020 is in my opinion completely wrong, starting with the basic menu already, where the logic of the former Flight Simulators has disappeared, and a lot of accuracy as well. I've been flying with MSFS for a long time, starting with FS5, the transition to higher versions was always a revelation, because both the operation and the quality were improved. Here with this FS2020, as an experienced Flightsimmer I simply can't figure out how to start with that and all the features and possibilities of the Flight Simulator itself. There is no comprehensive user manual, which is really necessary for a NEW game, because the makers have now really turned it into a GAME and have moved away from the concept of SIMULATOR. I'm still trying to figure out how best to use it, or maybe I'll throw it away and go back to a previous Simulator. However, the flight results that I see and have seen on the Internet are actually very nice, when you see the planes against the background of the weather. However, few, if any, examples have been found of aircraft in the cockpit as seen by the pilot when he is flying. Even the files in the leaflets, which cannot be taken out, and in order to make adjustments - I have not tried this yet - I think it will be really difficult. The logic has also disappeared there. For example: with all PC software, the start file is an exe file or at most a com file. I don't see that here. And that is certainly the case with other files as well ...

No, I am really disappointed about FS2020, so far...

Jive1 - Belgium

Hi, I think you should continue with it a bit longer. Did you create a desktop shortcut for it? (as how I said the other day) because you don’t need the .exe file to launch.

I recommend you check out “squirrel”s MSFS tutorials on YouTube. He goes through so many things...from setting up the camera/views to flight controls..menus... etc

As for an actual manual, you’re right there isn’t one (unless you buy the disc version)

But there is an alternative.. as per Nel’s post..

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?324569-MSFS-Manual

The new sim has so much to offer. We’ve never had weather effects like it.. the skies are now full of other (multiplayer) aircraft... the default scenery is fantastic, not to mention all the updates and addons we can expect in the future.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

A Manual would have been good but I picked it up from videos and the basic Flying Lessons. But I only fly VFR GA so have not picked up on issues in other areas.

Didn’t bring in any expectations from other sims so maybe that’s why the interface seemed okay. Wouldn’t mind it being better though.

But I do think it’s unfair to call it a game though. Rom my limited experience of FSX Vanilla I’m not seeing much difference except in the graphics. Sure, it’s not a hard core Sim but study level aircraft will come. Meanwhile it’s bringing a whole new bunch of enthusiastic Simmers and that has to be good for the hobby.

Hey! Steve,

You are right, Squirrel's tutorials are OK. My problem however is that I'm of Dutch expression, and the english spoken explanation pf the tutotoals goes very fast, too fast for me, so I must interrupt each time and repeat when I did not well understand

.... And there is no Ducth text.... And, an alternative for a manual, that is OK, but it should have been incorporated in the bunddle of FS2020, and now I will have to Pay extra for same...

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey! Steve,

You are right, Squirrel's tutorials are OK. My problem however is that I'm of Dutch expression, and the english spoken explanation pf the tutotoals goes very fast, too fast for me, so I must interrupt each time and repeat when I did not well understand

.... And there is no Ducth text.... And, an alternative for a manual, that is OK, but it should have been incorporated in the bunddle of FS2020, and now I will have to Pay extra for same...

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Ah. Sorry, my bad.

Hi, great! They are good videos, hope you can understand him :)

Don’t give up on MSFS just yet. Might be a learning curve but I’m sure it’ll be worth it.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles