Post September 2nd-- after the xx.xx.14.0 patch

Is it just my imagination, or are things really better now? What do I mean by better? Well, primarily:

1. Frame rates

2. Smoothness

3. Lack of stutters

4. Can get away with the sliders pushed a tad more to the right

While I've heard some people complain about the update/patch... it seems to be better for me. I don't know if I got lucky or what.

August 18th to September 1st was pretty touch and go (pardon the aviation reference pun) for me, as far as performance and overall satisfaction went. I had even downloaded the X-Plane 11 demo, just to see if I maybe wanted to jump ship or not, and then next time I went in after the patch (night of Sept. 3rd); the sim updated, and things seemed to be appreciably better. Not shockingly better, but mild to moderate improvement I'd say.

Anyone else have a similar experience to me? Or for most people here, has the experience been more the opposite? Just curious, thanks.

Edited by b3burner
Accidentally put periods instead of question marks in the last paragraph

I have not noticed any improvement since the update.

I have been having the much reported stuttering issue.

Running the sim on a system with an I5 6600K, GTX-1070 (8GB Vram), 32 GB RAM, 1 TB M.2 drive with Windows 10 and the sim installed, nothing else. Chipset and graphics drivers are current.

I get very good framerates (55-60), but when I bank into turns or pan around in the cockpit, I get nasty stutters. Changing the sliders and settings really only seems to change the quality of the scenery, not the performance. It stutters either way.

I've tried pretty much every remedy I've seen suggested on this forum and the official forum. Vsync, locked at 30, turning on triple-buffering, downloading Process Lasso and setting MSFS different ways, etc. The only thing that actually seemed to help was downgrading to the previous Nvidia driver. (But the current driver is supposedly "optimized" for MSFS, lol)

I was hoping that eventually a patch comes along to address this. This is pretty much how the release of FSX was for me. At the time, my computer said "forget it dude", and I waited for a couple of years before trying again with a better machine. Now I have FSX and P3D both installed on my other drive with Windows 7, and they are fantastic. Maybe this is going to play out the same way.

I suspect that my CPU is the issue. It runs natively at 3.5 ghz, I have it OC'd to 4.2 When I'm in developer mode in MSFS, I see a lot of "limited by main thread" indications. If I could be sure that upgrading to something better would help, I'd do it.

• 1 month later...
I doubt it is the CPU? I suspect it may be your memory. Are you running an older type memory and is the speed less than 2400? The sim really wants DDR4 memory and runs best at 3200 memory speed with low latency.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU