Buying FS2020

I have downloaded the MSFS 2020 Standard version but this downloaded in a few minutes. Immediately I thought something was wrong as reviews I read indicated a far longer time. I then realised that this was for Xbox. and Beta version and not for the normal Flight Simulator for PC. Microsoft accepted my mistake and received the full refund.

I am after the standard digital version for my PC.

My question is; how is this version referred to so as to tick the right one for me?

Also when I am trying to place the order I get a message to enter my profile but this I found out is for the USA.

Since I am from Europe would appreciate the proper site to visit.

Thanks in advance

The version you were downloading was not for Xbox, as that one doesn’t exist yet.

Chances are that was just the initial installer/setup program. You run that & it asks where you want the rest of it to be installed.. then that is the big download.

I presume after buying the sim, it appeared in the MS Store and you clicked on launch/install?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks for providing information.

For sure I am doing something wrong. As now when I try to buy I am faced up with the profile update and this seems to be for USA as it dose not accept my address. This happened with the us site and same thing happened when I tried the UK side. IT gets grey and cannot proceed.

Which is the proper site to download from for those living in EU?

I am trying on "microsoft.com>en-us>microsoft slight simulator standard", but this site seems to be only for USA as I cannot proceed beyond the change profile.

Can please be more specific with the website.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Josal

I still had problems downloading from Microsoft Store but have managed to download and install MSFS2020 from STEAM.

My worrying part was the XBox thing, but the tips from Steve and Stevemill helped go around this problem.

So thank you for helping me in starting to enjoy FS2020

Josal

No problem. Have fun :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles