Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Considering FS9 to be dead?

Hi Dominc
    nice attidude you have and a nice post in any way, but...

Having read too often in community communication all over the world during the past 13 years that we FS9ers are "the underdogs of flightsimulation" and "the idiots of evolution" I understand Mark's reaktion more than well.

It is not easy not getting sarcastic in the long run. Sorry for that - but Mark has my full compassion.

Dedl
    Last edited by Dedl; 10-30-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Don't be humble, Dedl! As long as we haven't seen something equal to what was and still is possible with FS9, I am really confident!

Bernard

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
    I'm not saying that Mark, but it's a real shame people just can't enjoy what they have without the need to put others down. For one, it makes for a toxic atmosphere and secondly, puts a lot of people off contributing to the forums (read the comments on the community article I published).
    What puts people off forums is the inability to speak and to openly discuss.

The sims are not all the same, we do not all like every one of them and we do not think each is equal but only in different ways. I might as well say I like the Pittsburgh Penguins, the other teams are good too but in different ways. No, that would not be true. I don't like many of the other teams, some of them really suck and I hate the Blackhawks. I think they are thugs! lol

If I have to go to a forum and suggest I think the Blackhawks are good but in a different way to the Penguins please shoot me! It is no different with FS9 and then comparing FS9 with MSFS. No, they are not the same, MSFS is a pile of junk, FS9 is an incredibly well put together and fully functioning flight simulator.

Everyone should be allowed to express their opinions. We have a choice of many different flight sims and it is absurd to think we will all like and think equally of each one.

It's when such discussions get shut down you end up with FS type communities. There is no crossover discussion. Each sim has it's own little jail cell (forum) and the only types of threads we see are "help me with my problem" threads. This is what happens when you shut down open discussion and kill a community.

You can have discussions and heated discussions which make for some great reading and fun reading. First you need to shut down those sooking about such discussions. They are the ones creating a toxic atmosphere and limiting the creation of interesting topics. It's when you start protecting these problem posters that you end up with where flight sim sites are right now.
    Mark Daniels

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dedl View Post
    Having read too often in community communication all over the world during the past 13 years that we FS9ers are "the underdogs of flightsimulation" and "the idiots of evolution"

Dedl
    Yes, totally correct and that's fine as long as we all get an equal opportunity to defend our choices.

It's great to have people like Jim Robinson post here imo. We've had heated debates and will likely never agree on sims. Despite this, it's entertainment, it's fun, it creates interest and it draws others into the discussion.

I would much prefer to read such heated topics over "Should FS9 be installed directly to C drive?" every visit. It's when these types of threads dominate that you know there is a problem with the community.
    Mark Daniels

Well I have to agree with Skywatcher12 that this really is entertaining! I am an FS9 diehard for my own reasons and I never really spent much time in these forums even though I have been a member (and file contributor) for a very long time.

I am going to be sticking around here more often for sure, especially with like minded people as far as flight simulator choice goes.

Just count me in as one of the "idiots of evolution"!
    To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by douga66 View Post

Just count me in as one of the "idiots of evolution"!
    Be loud, be proud! It's all about fun, entertainment, enjoying our sim and having the ability to express we don't like the other sim(s). We are all different and imo it's fine to insult each others choices as long as we don't insult each other. The line must be drawn in the correct place.

Long live FS9 and now I really feel like doing a flight so off I will go. On a Russian tour btw.
    Mark Daniels

And on that note, I’m locking this thread, the point made. FS9 isn’t dead and is the best all round sim available.

8. Default

Keeping FS9 running, requires special people, to "Keep it Alive".

CRJ_simpilot - I person pushing legal crap, who breaks the law himself and is a hypocrite

DominicS - A moderator, who has to follow rules here, but says things that people, should read.

Skywatcher12 - A person with has very big ego, is self-contradicting, and breaks the law. In today’s world you would be considered a “bully”. I person, I'll never help.

As for me, I'm not perfect, but will keep FS9 alive.

What have I contributed to FS9......Nothing...LMAO!

RJ
    Last edited by 3Green; 10-31-2020 at 09:15 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 3Green View Post
    Skywatcher12 - A person with has very big ego, is self-contradicting, and breaks the law. In today’s world you would be considered a “bully”. I person, I'll never help.
    Fascinating. How you came to those conclusions I have no idea.
    Anyhow, consider me gone.
    Mark Daniels

10. Default

Skywatcher12;2134190 Anyhow, consider me gone .
    Good, but you won't be, so...Happy Halloween...

RJ
    Last edited by 3Green; 10-31-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast