Upgrade from Gamepass To Retail Premium

I installed the Gamepass version to get a feel for the sim. After trying it out, and liking it, I am purchasing the retail Premium version. I have searched but cannot find the answer to this question. Will I need to delete the Gamepass version and re-download the retail version?
Ryzen 7 5800X@4.7ghz, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 32 Gig Gskill 3600, AMD 6800XT Black, Corsair 850w, Soundblaster Z, Samsung 970 M.2 1tb for o/s, Samsung 850 Evo 500g for MSFS, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb for Games

Thanks for the answers, guys
Ryzen 7 5800X@4.7ghz, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 32 Gig Gskill 3600, AMD 6800XT Black, Corsair 850w, Soundblaster Z, Samsung 970 M.2 1tb for o/s, Samsung 850 Evo 500g for MSFS, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb for Games

I'd be interested in hearing the result Mike.

I've just done something similar, I tried the xbox gamepass standard version while I was waiting for my premium deluxe boxed set to arrive.

It now has, so unlike yours both being dgital downloads, I did delete my gamepass version and reinstalled the boxed PD via the ten DVDs. It took about 2 hours to install from the DVDs, and then another half hour to download an additional 20gb online. (I'm lucky, I have a 50mb connection).

It all still works, and much faster too, because this time I installed the game and the cache on my 1tb M.2 SSD drive.

The trouble is that it doesn't give me access to any of the extra premium deluxe planes or airports, even though my system shows the PD content as "owned" and "installed".

I'm aware that Steam users have had a similar problem, but their fix doesn't work for me.

....so I'd be interested to hear if your upgrade does let you chose and fly the additional planes.

I'm beginning to believe that although the content is installed on your local hard disk, your permissions of what you can fly is held within the online account when you log on. A good way of preventing piracy, but a bit frustrating when the protection goes wrong.... :(

Received my Premium Key today and tried just to update the GP version but No Go here. I have had issues with the MS Store updating games ever since updating my router to an Orbi system, although not sure if that is the issue. All I know is the problems started around the same time. I had to go back to playing Forza on my xBox around the same time due to the dreaded Teredo not working issue. So I just uninstalled the GP version and am reinstalling the Premium. Thank God for 100Mb Fibre.