How would this computer do with MFS 2020

Asus TUF Gaming Laptop

How do you think this would work? The Game debate website gave the processor a 5, graphics card a 3.5 and RAM a 9.9 for MSFS 2020 and medium to high settings. Overall, gave it a 7.3.

I'm not sure I can afford anything over $1000 but don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that will only be decent for a year or so. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by mokbubble

I personally would go for a desktop pc if possible, rather than a laptop. It’s so much easier to upgrade a desktop.

Although 16gb ram is fine, 32 would be better. The 256gb SSD is ok, but I’d want more so I could also have some rolling cache on it. Also two drives is a better option.. one for Win10 and the other for flight sim.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Excellent point, I think MFS would take up about half the hard drive. For about $80 extra I can double the GPS I think. In an ideal world I'd get a desktop but need a laptop anyway so probably don't gave enough cash to buy both.

Thank you so much for your post!

Thank you for the suggestion. I will be sure to get the version with 512 and maybe an external hard drive. I don't see an option to upgrade to 32 megs of RAM. I'll see if another laptop would have that but I don't think I could keep it in my price range.

Do you all think this set up would work with 512 megs of hard drive?