Press Any Key To start

I've been running msfs 2020 for a couple of days, including this morning, but now I cant get past the "Press Any Key To Start" slide show. The screen just goes blank for a couple of seconds and then restarts the same slide show no matter what Key i press.

Any ideas ? I also tried a computer restart and a complete shutdown with no results..

Are you sure you're pressing the "Any Key"?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Well, so I've reset my Microsoft account, opened and signed into X box, tried a repair and reset.. NOTHING. Now I tried uninstall and reinstall and result is the opening screen is a still shot of a 172 (not the expected slide show) and the words at the bottom of the screen "Press Any Key To Start". Pressing a key causes the screen to go bland and the words about pressing a key and now fading in-and-out. Pressing keys does nothing, nor does the mouse or joystick.

What's next?? BTW doing an uninstall doesn't really do much and re-install only takes about 5 seconds.

Hard to say. The last thing I did was (i think) sign into X-box using my Microsoft password then again selected to "repair" the ap. I had also made sure I was running the program as administrator. Hope that helps for you but I did everything possible at some point. Good Luck

L

I've been running msfs 2020 for a couple of days, including this morning, but now I cant get past the "Press Any Key To Start" slide show. The screen just goes blank for a couple of seconds and then restarts the same slide show no matter what Key i press.

Any ideas ? I also tried a computer restart and a complete shutdown with no results..

My key board inputs do nothing. I found that I can click the mouse button to move past the “press any key” screen.

I was so baffled by this that I called xbox game help. It worked well, they estimate the time before they call you back, so even the 2hr wait was no big deal. The guy took over my computer and hooked it all up. Cant say what he did cus I'm not sharp, but it worked.

Somehow at one pt he found corruption in a dos window that he repaired. Then I had to "repair as 2020 which appeared as a reinstall. Took about 4 hrs download.

Finally worked! And I took an amazing flight. This sim is pretty awesome.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I discovered too by reading numerous posts that you have to install XBOX. This is crazy.

My faithful joystick won't work even though it is acknowledged. I can't get it to recall settings.

I can't get the parking brake to release even using my keyboard/mouse. What is the magical NUM DEL?

I have tried every combination.

A LOT of this confusion would have been averted with a manual.

Ok got it working again.... I loaded X-Box and it doesn't even list flightsimulator as one of my games. I signed into Xbox and changed my profile name and now its working. What's going on??

I think the problem may be linked to the X-Box somehow, but curious why it was working without x-box being active..

Okay -- after starting over and doing a repair. It's now working -- very frustrating!!!

How did you do the repair? I am having the same Press Any Key problem and the big download never starts.....the Press Any Key thing just blinks on the black screen? I am using the store app and don't have the Xbox app. When I Ctrl-Alt_Del, the task manager shows FS using alot of memory but no network or hard disk activity. I have even tried with a reboot into Safe mode. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I am getting tired of this.:mad:

I was just about to post ! I have exactly the SAME THING ! It ran fine yesterday but I was busy and was looking forward to a full day on it. Got up at 6:00am but can't get past "Press any key to start." Why ?

Tried doing Windows updates. Found a more button near it's listing in System - Apps. One said "Repair" and one said "Reset". Did both of those. Uninstalled it and re-installed it again. No difference. I have tried turning it off and on again numerous times. Fed-up.

I had the same problem and I resolved it by installing xbox beta from microsoft store.

Mine did it again this morning. Found that if I tried to sign in to X-Box control companion, i got a message saying I couldn't sign in at this time. Clicked on "sign in with another account" , then signed in using my Microsoft Account info and that allowed me to open the X box Control Companion. Went back to MSFS and it worked fine.

I think (not certain) Somehow when you get to "Press any key to continue" the program tries to confirm your identity in X-Box. If you're not signed into X-Box it assumes your not the authorized user of MSFS... Just a guess...