Hello team

Just a shortened version of my last post which waffled on.

Can you actually multi screen on this. I have three 21inch screens set up and the only way I have found to do it is to stretch the window across all three. I find the side scenery just looks stretched though.

I've never played anything multiple screens before so not sure if it's a setting aspect?

Sorry if this has been covered before. Happy to be directed to a thread.

I also have three screens (three 43” televisions) & I currently have them the same way you do..

In windowed mode with the window stretched across all three.

It’s not ideal as you know but for the moment it’s the only way. I understand they will be adding multi screen capability but it’s not here yet.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I have 3 21" monitors. Alt. + enter works if you are in surround screen setting on an Nvidai card.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

I have 3 21" monitors. Alt. + enter works if you are in surround screen setting on an Nvidai card.

Yes, that’s what we’re doing. Alt+enter puts it in windowed mode & then we have to stretch the window across all three.

Hopefully there will be a better way when they add proper multi screen support

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Not sure your issue as I never had one. Alt Enter puts it in non windowed mode and uses the three screens to display it for me. My graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 980 Ti. My screens are set as "surround" with my resolution set at 5760 x 1200. Pops in and out of that resolution with no difficulty, though it does have a tendency to make it's window mode difficult if I haven't started in a single screen window mode before I hit Alt/Enter. Check your full screen resolution under "general /graphics." Should be set for your three screen size and display mode as windowed. That should get it all fixed for you as those are the settings I have without difficulty. Enjoy the view. :) It's nice.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

I can drag the windows with camera, weather etc to another screen.

Yup. That's how a windowed program works on multiple screens. Perhaps you missed the point. Alt. / enter causes the view to stretch across all three screens giving you a more panoramic scene. Hit alt/enter again and it returns to windowed mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

And it’s this stretching which makes the left & right screens look distorted. Both X-Plane & P3D have multiple monitor support. You have the front view on your main monitor.. a left view on your left monitor & right on your right monitor.

MSFS doesn’t yet. When it does, it should look better & not distorted/stretched.

Regards

Steve

And it’s this stretching which makes the left & right screens look distorted. Both X-Plane & P3D have multiple monitor support. You have the front view on your main monitor.. a left view on your left monitor & right on your right monitor.

MSFS doesn’t yet. When it does, it should look better & not distorted/stretched.

Regards

Steve

Thanks for your clarification. Gotcha. Though I will say my panoramic view has no noticeable distortion. Though of course it doesn't do what you want it to do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Is it possible to open more than one view to enable instruments to be dragged into a separate screen?

No, not yet.

I think the only things you can drag are things like the VFR Map, ATC menu...etc

Hopefully when we have multi-monitor support we’ll be able to do it.

There’s an update due on 27th... so maybe?

Regards

Steve

No, not yet.

I think the only things you can drag are things like the VFR Map, ATC menu...etc

Hopefully when we have multi-monitor support we’ll be able to do it.

There’s an update due on 27th... so maybe?

Regards

Steve

Ok, thanks for the reply Steve. Lots to learn about the new sim for now so I'm in no hurry.

As a home cockpit builder I was chuffed that MSFS recognised my cockpit interface cards. (Leo Bodnar) This is something that i needed fsuipc for with FSX so its great that it sees them from the start. Lots of switches etc to assign of the next couple of days. [emoji16]

Loving it so far.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to open more than one view to enable instruments to be dragged into a separate screen?

If so could you explain how to do it please.

Thanks

Stinger

Pretty stupid that you can't have the cockpit view on a separate screen!

Pretty stupid that you can't have the cockpit view on a separate screen!
I have since found out that you can drag the pfd and mfd screens over to a separate screen but only the screen part, no bezels.

Press alt gr on the keyboard, when the mouse is over the screen it shows a magnifying glass icon. Left click and the screen will detach.

No good for non-glass cockpits of course. I have tried it on steam gauges though.