Just when I thought that 'AutomationCore.dll' was my only problem...

b3burner

...comes this swank little guy. Per the Event Viewer-- Administrative Events came this, which I copied and pasted below:

------

Log Name: Application

Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service

Date: Wed, Aug 19 2020 7:42:01 PM

Event ID: 1534

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-LBMKEEK

Description:

Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

Event Xml:

0x8000000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-LBMKEEK

Load

{B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB}

See Tracelogging for error details

-------

Unfortunately, I don't know what any of it means. I'm oh so familar with the Automation Core error... from my old Windows 7 days, but this is a new one on me, and it doesn't even seem to describe the source file from which the CTD came from.

By looking at this, does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

----

My rig:

-- HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00-001SXT

-- OS: Windows 10 Home Edition, 64-bit (version #1909) (Build # 18363.900.. (last I looked, this could be wrong now)).

-- Motherboard: Intel-Lincs H370 2 x DDR4 DIMM

-- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 @3.2 GHz 6-core 65w

-- RAM: 12GB, (1 x 8GB + 1 x 4GB) DDR 4 2666 NECC

-- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

* Engine Clock-- 1506 MHz (base) / 1708 MHz (Boost)

* Memory Clock-- 4004 MHz (8Gbps)

-- DirectX: DX 12

-- PCle: PClex16 Gen 3

-- HDD: 2TB SATA 3.5 7200 RPM

-- PSU: ESTR Sirius-Gfx SFF (Gold) Full Range 115v/230v; 310w, 90% efficiency

------

As much as I always wanted to get permanently away from FS9, things like this always steered me away from FSX. All I've ever enjoyed is maybe 30 to 45 minutes of trouble-free flying... tops.

If I once in awhile want an easier diversion from the new FS2020.. just to give me and my CPU/GPU a rest... it looks like I'm not going to be able to run this anytime soon.

Thank you in advance for your time.

This problem isn't directly related to FSX and probably should be in the PC SOFTWARE TECH forum area.

Lots of posts and reports about Event 1534, the issue related to a Windows service that was "deprecated" during the too-often lousy "software as a service" WIndows 10 version updates. Looks like it requires a registry edit to clear. Here's one example of the repair procedure that's said to work - see link below.

https://audministrator.wordpress.com/2018/12/27/windows-10-user-profile-service-event-id-1534-error/

Edited by ftldave
add txt

• 4 weeks later...
This problem isn't directly related to FSX and probably should be in the PC SOFTWARE TECH forum area.

Lots of posts and reports about Event 1534, the issue related to a Windows service that was "deprecated" during the too-often lousy "software as a service" WIndows 10 version updates. Looks like it requires a registry edit to clear. Here's one example of the repair procedure that's said to work - see link below.

https://audministrator.wordpress.com/2018/12/27/windows-10-user-profile-service-event-id-1534-error/

Thank you. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I've been distracted with FS 2020 like everyone else.

ftl dave,

Followed the link's suggestion. Found the reg edit area. Was able to export the bad file, but my comp wouldn't let me delete it. Now what? Is my next step a computer tech? I've never been a DIY kind of guy. My idea of DIY is throw it against the wall in frustration and watch it break into a million pieces.

(I'd send a screenshot, except I'm pretty sure you already know what a "you don't have permission to delete this file" warning looks like).

If I upgrade from build 1909 to build 2004, will this automatically go away? My comp is spitting out tons of 1534's about everything, not just FSX. Don't know what it is, but it sure is annoying.

How do I set this so I get email alerts if you answer me back?

Thanks.

Edited by b3burner

My idea of DIY is throw it against the wall in frustration and watch it break into a million pieces.

If that's how you really feel about troubleshooting your computer, best to get help from an experienced pc tech, pay someone to do it.

Edited by ftldave
fix txt