Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Airlines and their thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by goodpaster View Post
    With an automated system there was a problem of where was the touchdown zone. Because of the various platforms (FSX, XP, P3D) trying to find one overall solution was difficult. If you compared a member's touchdown with real-world data there may be an issue of scenery. An airport may have added a displaced threshold and older default scenery did not have the right runways or the scenery was misaligned with the actual location.
    Delta Virtual ended up loading the scenery from the various sims and calculating distance to threshold based on the sim provided. I agree it's not ideal in 100% of the cases, but for 95% or so it works very well. It also is accurate enough to detect the "floaters" where someone finally touched down 3/4 of the way down the runway so that they rarely ever have people do that anymore - it flags those landings as "dangerous".

Cheers!

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by lavochkin View Post
    Very good point GoodPastor. In the real world, pilots do not have a landing FPS. And they land in the landing zones on the runway. If they pass the landing zones on the runway a real world pilot calls a missed approach and goes around for another try.

I own a small VA. I started my VA for my personal flight records. Not to see how many pilots I could hire. My VA is about flying airplanes, not a social event. I have no forums, teamspeak, discord.

If you do not like the way I run my VA. Leave, resign, go away.

Capt.Charlier, VA's do not make flight simulation fun. Flight simulators make flight simulation fun.

I love my flight simulator. I fly every day and I have fun doing it. Cheers!

Never heard of it.
    Last edited by drobson; 08-19-2020 at 11:25 PM.

lavochkin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    Never heard of it.
    Never heard of what? JSMR?

Never heard of what? JSMR?
    You’re VA. I can’t resign and ‘go away’ if I don’t know what it is.
    Last edited by JSMR; 08-26-2020 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Mods seem to think it’s acceptable to leave his avatar but delete my comment. Shameful.

Your VA.
    Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz, GTX 1080 SC 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 500Gb SSHD, 750W PSU, P3DV4, Windows 10 64 bit Home Premium.REX,GEX,UTX. UTLive

lavochkin Guest

OH, I am sorry. http://airnevada.org/index.php

Mods seem to think it’s acceptable to leave his avatar but delete my comment. Shameful.
    My avatar is a group in America that protects my civil rights. But if you do not live America, you do not understand.
    Last edited by lavochkin; 08-27-2020 at 09:37 AM.

OH, I am sorry. http://airnevada.org/index.php

My avatar is a group in America that protects my civil rights. But if you do not live America, you do not understand.
    Thanks for the link.

And you're right, I don't understand. I come from a country that isn't cowardly to need that and values responsibility far above selfish 'rights'.

lavochkin Guest

Lmao!

Lavochkin, if you want to turn joining your virtual airline into a political act (which you are unintentionally doing) you are welcome to do so. I don't think it's a good long-term idea.

Cheers!

Luke

I've read both pages of this thread and this is all Lavochkin said about his VA "I own a small VA. I started my VA for my personal flight records. Not to see how many pilots I could hire. My VA is about flying airplanes, not a social event. I have no forums, teamspeak, discord.

If you do not like the way I run my VA. Leave, resign, go away. "

I went to the link to his VA he provided and there was no 'ideology' requirement to join. So, not sure what Luke is talking about. JSMR is the one who hijacked this thread by taking it political. If someone is triggered by an avatar, PM the member and discuss it there. Stay on topic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast