David Maltbys Comet 4b. Cold and Dark start

Cas141

Hello

For some years I have very much enjoyed David Maltby's Comet4b. I have decided to have a go at starting from cold and dark, but I cannot find any step by step instructions on how to do this.

I have looked at the Comets files in the shared files folder of FSX but though it has tips on flying etc there isn't any on C and D start.

Does anyone know where I can find how to start this wonderful Comet please.?

TIA

http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/flying_the_comet_1.htm

The wonders of the internet!! Googles your friend mate!

Thank you very much Pomak. You know, I looked all over that website and found everything except what you did������. I know I'm old but now I must be getting decrepit ������

I had seen "flying the comet" but must have thought it was only about when it was take off and after.

Anyway, it is just what I want.

Do you fly this Comet? I fly it and David Maltbys 1-11. and Trident.

The VCs are the best I've seen for any plane, everything works as if you are there.

I use trackir and I have a projector screen with 6ft screen.

Absolutely brilliant.

I have tried other planes, but none have the quality of Maltbys. Everything he did was top notch.

Thanks again for the heads up.Made my week!

Rigs sounds fab Cas141 - you say you fly the Trident in FSX - I just installed and cant get the VC to show properly it has black/blank textures apart from the main/overhead panels. I overwrote the panel.cfg with the FSX one provided but no joy. Do you know a fix?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Rigs sounds fab Cas141 - you say you fly the Trident in FSX - I just installed and cant get the VC to show properly it has black/blank textures apart from the main/overhead panels. I overwrote the panel.cfg with the FSX one provided but no joy. Do you know a fix?

I remember something about textures missing for the VC. They are supposed to end up in the FSX/Texture folder (mine are there). Maybe something about the installer still tries to put them into an FS9 folder structure?

There may be an issue with missing cockpit sounds too, if I remember right. That can be tracked down and fixed too.

I'll have a look tomorrow. My install is ok, but then I am using trackir( though that shouldn't make a difference.

I presume that in your settings in FSX you do have virtual cockpit selected as opposed to cockpit😀Anyway, will get back after a look.

For the cockpit sounds to all work, your panel.cfg file [Vcockpit01] section should be:

[Vcockpit01]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=32,32

visible=0

pixel_size=32,32

texture=$DUMMY

gauge00=DM_Trident!SMOKE, 1,1,1

gauge01=dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3, 2,2,5,5,.\SimObjects\Airplanes\DMFS Shared Files\HS121 Trident Panel\DM_Trident_sound.ini

For the Trident:

There should be 5 VC texture files in FSX/Texture, all starting with "$DMTRIVCPANEL" in the name. (The name ensures that they are usually right at the top of the folder). If they are not there, you need to find where they went and put them in that folder for the VC to show up, IIRC.

***Edit**

There are another 10 texture files that should be in the folder, all starting with "DMTRIVC" in the name. Make sure you have those as well.

Edited by dnpaul

My bad I skipped the texture folder somehow - Thanks dnpaul

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs