VC sub-views can they be mapped to a key?

Hello,

I'd like to begin by saying I am NOT - repeat NOT - looking for answer about using "S" key to cycle and then using the "A" key to cycle within those sub-views. I am also NOT asking about the Shift+1, Shift+2 series of keys/views either.

I am talking about in FSX where you can right-click -> cockpit -> virtual cockpit (or Overhead Lower Panel) (or Pedestal) (or Observer 1 Seat)...

I want to be able to map a single key on my keyboard so that it equals Right Click -> mouse over 'Cockpit', the sub-menu opens up -> Left Click 'Overhead Lower Panel'.

In other words, I don't want to have to right click and move my hand driving the mouse to select the sub-item every time. In stressful situations it can be hard to take the time for fine motor movement like that. I want a single keyboard key to bring up the VC cockpit sub-view for Overhead Lower Panel.

I also want another single key to bring up the VC sub-view for Pedestal.

Note, I am NOT talking about keys that bring up Menu -> Views -> Instrument Panel -> Radios.

I want to access the radios by the VC's sub-view of Pedestal, NOT pull up a small pop-up window of a radio stack.

Obviously not all planes have "Overhead Lower Panel", and I have a specific plane in mind, but that part is immaterial. You know what I mean when I say right-click/cockpit/X or right-click/cockpit/Y etc.

Does anyone know where in the Settings to map that?

Before I actually read your text I immediately began thinking of what I then saw you didn't want. 'nuff said. I'm not TOTALLY sure that the answer is "NO" but I think it likely true (AT FIRST GLANCE). What I would have to look at first and you can be there before me: in the FSUIPC documentation is a LIST of sim functions that can be bound to keys and, possibly something for the mouse action. Don't remember that specifically.

Functions as in Gear UP and Gear Down and the familiar TOGGLE GEAR only that we are given by default - All sorts of 'interesting' functionality; do your homework but I don't recall any combination that approaches your need. My last look was years ago and I can't be sure what I had for breakfast or even IF I had breakfast today... I did have two pieces of toast when the power came back on about 0230, the next thing I recall was some yogurt about 1645. I also seem to have misplaced about 6 lbs in the last two weeks.

Anyway, in Star Citizen, I use two sticks: Right is my sim stick MS ForceFB, Left is T16000; that one is functionally FSX slew... in a vacuum, your attitude and your velocity vector have no essential connect (I guess you would say) so, 0 hands available for mouse or keyboard. In Combat, EVERY FUNCTION IS VOICE DRIVEN KEY ASSIGNMENT sub routines. All essential MFD's are visible so I center the view and still move the mouse through menus with "Voice Attack" and similar software. It's nowhere as fast as I want it to be but future built-in code may be faster. we await.

I have a friend who has the drive to find out what is possible.. When he got VA he set out to fly FSX/P3d anywhere, anytime totally hands free. He certainly proved the concept to me; I have a copy of the code to verify that is works. so...

If you could use VA to do the work, would just saying "fuel level" and having 'someone else/Copilot' go thru the menu and display what you want... is that close enough to be acceptable? 'Cause each panel will have different co-ordinates for every gauge and it's gonna take some time to get it all running. potentially a month or more just to get that first aircraft working. After that, it's copy/past except for the mouse co-ordinate and all the differing menu option. He definitely changed headings, radio frequencies, Autopilot functions etc while flying.

How bad do you want virtual 'control'? VA ties all the movement needed to virtual keypresses via SCRIPTS to manage the fine details. It's sill keypress and menus but YOU don't have to execute them.

It's the only potential I see, but I've been wrong before AND unaware of alternate approaches.

Keep looking,

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Does anyone know where in the Settings to map that?

Not sure about switching views but you can open and close windows using the PANEL_ID_OPEN and PANEL_ID_CLOSE events with the 'ident' numbers listed for each window in panel.cfg. I have only done this for 2D windows but I think it should work the same for virtual cockpit (3D) windows. Look here for more info. Perhaps this will lead you to discover if views can also be switched on the fly.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

My suggestion is this...

Go into the relevant VC gauge file and find the mouse click code that operates what you want.

Then write a new piece of code which wraps the code you found in a Local Variable instead of a mouse click. Then assign the operation of that local variable to a switch or key.

In FSX the mouse macro maker of fsuipc doesn't work, In P3dv4 it does, which would make things much easier of course.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What you need will take 2 steps:

Step One: assign the keys for views (the assignments F9, F10 and F11 use). Edit/extend that to the keys you'd like. The view#4 was mapped to Shift+F12 in my FSX-SE. I re-mapped it to just F12.

Step Two: in each aircraft.cfg you need to add the corresponding HotKeySelect=x to the [CameraDefinition.x] sections you're interested in.

This PDF will explain it better than I will ever do:

http://gabor.hrasko.com/fsx-camera-views-v09.pdf

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png