Changing location of P3D

Lowbeam

After buying P3Dv5, I got in a hurry and let it install in a default location, in Program Files. I have already installed all of my Orbx products. Short of uninstalling everything, is there any way to change the location of P3D?

Doug

Long answer - no. Best bite the bullet and uninstall/reinstall. There is one thing you could try that might help. Let say you create a folder x:\P3D5 - now physically copy your current install to that folder. Now uninstall original and reinstall to new location; Many of your addons should work. Those that have registry entries won't. So those owuld have to be reinstalled. There's some other manipulations you could try BUT your best bet is uninstall and reinstall all.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Thanks for the reply. I knew that I had seen something on the subject some time ago and that method looks familiar. All I have installed so far is all of my Orbx products and a couple of planes that have been updated so it won't be terribly difficult, just a bit lengthy. I had pretty much convinced myself to go the uninstall method and your response sealed it. Thanks.

Doug