Server Hosting Always Going Down!!? Losing Sanity.

I started hosting an FSX multiplayer server, Flameout a few weeks ago with port forwarding and all as in the "guidebooks" online.

At the start the server was great, only going down once every two or three weeks. Now, granted the server is more popular but nevertheless, it is going down almost every 20 mins, rarely staying up for even an hour.

I am using an HP Omen Gaming laptop from 2015 which has no problem handling this stuff, my WiFi is pretty stable and with 30mbps download and 17mbps upload. I opened all the ports even vaguely related to FSX hosting.

Every time i load it up, it seems as though it loses life power or something. Often the server goes down without even telling the host laptop now. It is not Ethernet connected as that seems to make it even worse, like not connecting bad.

Must be a simple fix right? Different ports? Software? At this point my server, and sanity hangs by a threat connected to this hosting.

Please Help, I'm losing all hope.

I can't help directly but I might help you get better prepared to receive help.

Wired connection SHOULD BE better than wireless. Have you tried a new/different ethernet cable?

Your service provider can remotely test the quality and throughput of their service; have you asked for them to check the service to the modem? I've had to do just that several times and they repaired THEIR service every time; there was nothing wrong at my end.

You're on a mobile laptop, can you test with someone else's internet to see if it's better, or even plug into a different jack on the modem/router. Have you tried at a wireless hot spot like.. oh, sorry - Covid-19

I tend to assume people mean disk version if they don't mention Steam, but you never know (and here I also suspect the version is irrelevant.)

Are you cable or DSL? perhaps that matters or perhaps not but still, better to give as much info as you can.

best wishes for quick resolution

Loyd

Edited by llivaudais

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

We just had our connection 'repaired' so I can't see that as the issue. I'm on steam edition and use DSL connection when I do connect. I will try again. I just seems to go down even though the WiFi doesn't slow or anything like that.

Just happened again, this time the whole game window closed and reverted back to the server list but as if I never hosted. Just wired it up and it connected fine this time, swapped over the wifi extenders.

Thanks for help!

Edited by Drooped Snoot

Great for now; hope it stays up.

L

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners