Microsoft Flight Sim 2020

liner simpilot

Hi simmers, on FS2004 forum, was wondering if anyone has seen the new Flt sim 2020 on you tube video. I find it impressive technology.

do search on you tube: "Why Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 may be the biggest game of the year". It's so amazing and realistic scenery on how they did it. Just how they progress thru the years, just when they made it great out comes even better FS98-FSX. Just wanted your thoughts on it.

Kenny

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched the you tube also Kenny, very impressive but no mention of the system requirements, how to download or purchase it. Bit of a haze around it. Looks like interface of real earth (maybe Google) with aircraft?

Personally I got FS9 very well tuned with excellent aircraft and scenery ad-ons (90GB now) and, having experience with real flying, cannot complain. It would take a lot to convince me to change.

Cheers

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Thanks for the responses NEBJSA & beroun. I agree but it's amazing after 10 yrs what they came up with. I agree I have used FS9 since it came out. I have many liners new and classics as well as fair collection of other types of planes. You are right there is no mention of requirements on computer, the one thing that gets me is buildings is there downloads for them is every airport going to be there etc.... My question is will FS9 or even FSX going to keep on going as technology grows too fast to support the past simming?

I enjoy for now the feedback.

Keep on simming,

Kenny

Thanks for the responses NEBJSA & beroun. I agree but it's amazing after 10 yrs what they came up with. I agree I have used FS9 since it came out. I have many liners new and classics as well as fair collection of other types of planes. You are right there is no mention of requirements on computer, the one thing that gets me is buildings is there downloads for them is every airport going to be there etc.... My question is will FS9 or even FSX going to keep on going as technology grows too fast to support the past simming?

I enjoy for now the feedback.

Keep on simming,

Kenny

Hi Mr. Peter,

I 'm using Windows XP and FS9 and it runs smooth and NO headaches with the thousand different version PD 3.0 etc who needs this.

All my planes fly perfectly and AI I use thee SAME original, texture, panel, sound, planes !

134 planes, GA, JET, Military WWII, Seaplanes are flying WITHOUT any stuttering at all ..

iLE

Who needs the headaches with all this Incompatibility, P3Vxx version and Windows Vista,7, 8, 10 crap ...??

Not me ...

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

When the "Win 10 has killed my FS9" threads appear I won't need to take part. haha

If all you use your computer for is FS2004, then sure, Windows XP is fine. However...if you do any sort of banking, or work with sensitive material, or want to play the latest games, then you're out of luck.

You'll also find that obtaining drivers for new hardware harder and harder to find (even some processors have a minimum OS requirement)...but like I said; if you have an ageing computer, and FS2004 is your primary sim, Windows XP can serve you well.

X-Plane 11, P3D. 32GB RAM, i7 8700k, 1080Ti, Oculus Rift, 1TB SSD

If all you use your computer for is FS2004, then sure, Windows XP is fine. However...if you do any sort of banking, or work with sensitive material, or want to play the latest games, then you're out of luck.

You'll also find that obtaining drivers for new hardware harder and harder to find (even some processors have a minimum OS requirement)...but like I said; if you have an ageing computer, and FS2004 is your primary sim, Windows XP can serve you well.

No, it's not my only PC. I have a Win 10 PC. For the first time in my life since leaving Win 7 and going to Win 10, it is no longer possible to run everything from one PC.

There are issues with almost everything that is not current in Win 10, everything is a headache. There are fixes and workarounds for some things, others simply remain broken and don't work. The list of broken things in Win 10 will only keep increasing. One day it'll swallow up FS9.

Mark Daniels

No, it's not my only PC. I have a Win 10 PC. For the first time in my life since leaving Win 7 and going to Win 10, it is no longer possible to run everything from one PC.

There are issues with almost everything that is not current in Win 10, everything is a headache. There are fixes and workarounds for some things, others simply remain broken and don't work. The list of broken things in Win 10 will only keep increasing. One day it'll swallow up FS9.

Hi Mark,

Totally agree with you on that one.

Having multiple computers with different operating systems is probably the best way to go (not expensive either).

From a workflow perspective I do prefer Windows 10 and OSX...but when I want to enjoy some vintage gaming, I'll power up the old Dell with Windows XP :-)

W33

X-Plane 11, P3D. 32GB RAM, i7 8700k, 1080Ti, Oculus Rift, 1TB SSD

Hi, can you tell us what issues & not working things you are having?

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Hi, can you tell us what issues & not working things you are having?

For what software? I’d like to run my PGA 2000 on Win 10 but an update killed it.

If you want a simple one for FS9, go use FS Recorder with FS9 in full screen mode and try and use the control window. You can do it any other OS no probs.

Mark Daniels

Hi Mark,

Totally agree with you on that one.

Having multiple computers with different operating systems is probably the best way to go (not expensive either).

From a workflow perspective I do prefer Windows 10 and OSX...but when I want to enjoy some vintage gaming, I'll power up the old Dell with Windows XP :-)

W33

Yeah, 2 PC setup works well. XP is my fav OS so it’s fun to still be using it.

Mark Daniels

Hi Mr. Peter,

I 'm using Windows XP and FS9 and it runs smooth and NO headaches with the thousand different version PD 3.0 etc who needs this.

All my planes fly perfectly and AI I use thee SAME original, texture, panel, sound, planes !

134 planes, GA, JET, Military WWII, Seaplanes are flying WITHOUT any stuttering at all ..

iLE

Who needs the headaches with all this Incompatibility, P3Vxx version and Windows Vista,7, 8, 10 crap ...??

Not me ...

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

A-freaking-MEN!!!!!!!

Wrong! Win7 my friend.

This is a generalization, but anyone still using FS9 probably has little chance of taking a quantum leap to ever installing the upcoming MSFS 2020 version. It will probably require a rather serious gaming PC costing mucho $$$ to fly with that new baby...

Was thinking about using XP for FS9 but XP you have memory limitations. Win 7 is the best system for running FS9 or FSX today.

I have 7 different installs of FS2004 in my Windows 10, including Golden Wings, a huge Alaska install with mesh and a lot of payware scenery, a Vintage install, and even a Space install with space scenery, not forgetting a Ford Tri-Motor Project install, all running perfectly.

I'm not sure why people are hesitant in upgrading from an obsolete operating system, when you can have smoother FS2004 results in an updated operating system.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa