Maryadi Osprey V.2 Fuel Problem

Ray Hff

First and foremost, is you default flight the sim's original default flight? The trike over Friday Harbour?

If you try to make the default flight something else, the plane's internal variables won't preset correctly.

Also, do you try to start from a saved flight, or from the Freeflight menu? Always start from the Freeflight menu. Again, if you don't the plane's internal variables won't set correctly.

If you do NOT have the sim's default flight as your default, simply make sure the sim is completely shut down, and that you have saved a backup copy of FSX.CFG. Go into the FSX.CFG file, Using NotePad ONLY. That's the text editor that comes with Windows. . Then, find the heading [uSERINTERFACE]. Under that, find the line that reads SITUATION=. What comes after the equals sign ( = ) doesn't matter, as you need to delete it. IOW: Delete any and everything following the equals sign. Save the file, close it down, and, like magic, the original default flight is restored. Start the sim, go to the freeflight window, ensuring that the default plane is the trike, and that Friday Harbour is the current airport. Pick your airport, just like normal. Do NOT select a saved flight. Select the MV-22 from the Change Plane menu, and, once it loads into the world, make sure you follow all the checklists.

Do you start the plane with the APU running and it's switch in the overhead positioned correctly, then shut it down once an engine is running? I also seem to recall the necessity for starting one of the engines first. Like you always have to start the right engine first, or something like that. I'll glance through the flight manual again to check.

Speaking of, did you read, I mean study, the flight manual thoroughly? This isn't a "hop in and go" plane. You MUST follow the checklists and procedures, startup to shutdown, or it won't function properly. Especially the cockpit switchology. Not like a default plane where you can select it, the airport you want, and once it loads, slam the throttle full open and take off.

In short RTFB! ;)

Good luck, and let us know what happens :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thank you for responding.

With the default flight as a starting point, or any other for that matter, the result I get is the same.

Started with the APU. Then, I thought shutting the APU down would make a difference, but it did not.

Getting it running, getting it flying are not issues.

But in flight at 170 knots, I get a fuel warning about every 2 to 3 minutes. Whether I hit CNTL + X or not, the fuel quantities in the aircraft remain unchanged and are at adequate levels.

And yes, I read the manual. (I've been a desktop pilot since the Commodore 64.)

I'll continue to search for the answer.

Something else is causing this.

Thank you,

Ray

But in flight at 170 knots, I get a fuel warning about every 2 to 3 minutes. Whether I hit CNTL + X or not, the fuel quantities in the aircraft remain unchanged and are at adequate levels.

That's a message from FSX Flying Tips?

If so, just turn them OFF in Settings/Realism.

IMO they're not made for anything just a tiny bit out of standard/stock.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Wim thank you for the reply.

I normally run FSX with all realism settings at maximum.

By setting realism to "unlimited fuel", the message never appears.

It appears this is a bug in the Osprey coding. I've been at this for a couple decades, have over 300 aircraft and none exhibit this behavior.

The Osprey is a very interesting aircraft and obviously is the product of many dedicated hours. With a few tweaks it'll go from great to fantastic.