New weather problem

nadlzfw

I'm getting tired of these problems that start out of nowhere with no apparent cause...

Yesterday both FSrealwx lite and FSmetar failed to load the weather. FSrealwx lite starts, and then stalls with the message 'waiting for FS'. It does load the correct location from fs9, but no more. FSmetar gives the error 'metars download failed'.

My internet connection is good, and FSUIPC appears to be fine. Apart from weather, fs9 works well. I have not changed anything since it worked on Tuesday.

Same thing happens with different aircraft and at different airports. Since both weather applications fail, I presume it is an issue with the sim, not the weather.

Any suggestions how to fix this???

Thanks!

Nadlzfw

I'm getting tired of these problems that start out of nowhere with no apparent cause...

Yesterday both FSrealwx lite and FSmetar failed to load the weather. FSrealwx lite starts, and then stalls with the message 'waiting for FS'. It does load the correct location from fs9, but no more. FSmetar gives the error 'metars download failed'.

My internet connection is good, and FSUIPC appears to be fine. Apart from weather, fs9 works well. I have not changed anything since it worked on Tuesday.

Same thing happens with different aircraft and at different airports. Since both weather applications fail, I presume it is an issue with the sim, not the weather.

Thanks!

Nadlzfw

Hello

This could be a case of patience is the solution.

I have been experiencing similar problems with the FSrealweather pro.

It starts downloads and loads the weather then vanishes poof!

Strangely FSreal lite does work though.

Anyway let's hope it comes out with the wash.

Cheers Andy

I had the same problem...switched to noaa weather instead of vatsim and it worked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will give that a try ,although I thought I already had NOAA selected.

This is not the first time I have experienced this poofing behaviour, but I can't remember how I sorted it.

I have tried various comparability settings and even a reinstall, but no joy ,

I am sure it will come good eventually.

Meanwhile I have real weather lite and all is good with that.

Cheers Andy

Hello

after unin ,rein and generally tinkering about FSrealweatherPRO is now working again.

Nadlzfw.

I notice that you are using FSrealweather lite you could also try the PRO version.

The PRO version gives the impression that it is pay ware, but it is in fact free.

I have to say I have both versions and my lite version is OK, so not sure why yours is not working.

Cheers Andy

Thanks!

Nadlzfw

I have noticed the same thing over the past 2 weeks. ASE was having issues showing me partly cloudy skies when they were supposed to be overcast. So I tried the other ones you mentioned. I ran into the same issue. Although if I waited about 25 minutes FSRealWX Lite would finally work. I finally went back to ASE and so far it has worked again. Keeping my fingers crossed.