The FSX experience?

I posted earlier about obtaining better UK scenery for my FS2004. In the end I took the plunge and bought FSX de luxe, and the Horizon Vfr photoscenery for FSX as well. The scenery is fabulous, everything I had hoped for. I wish I could say the same about FSX! I like to fly the DC3 in FS2004, and assumed it would be a similar experience in the later sim. I've set the system up meticulously, going on recommendations given by others on this forum, and I have a pretty powerful computer too. The result is a great disappointment. Virtual cockpit? Almost unusable. Views around the aircraft? Clumsy, unpredictable and amateurish. Control of the aircraft? At times it has a life of its own, whatever control inputs I make (and I'm no stranger to flying in the real world). I still have 2004 and have been swapping from one to the other for comparison purposes. Despite the relatively poor scenery, 2004 gives me a much more realistic flight experience, is more intuitive regarding control usage, and even the aircraft modelling seems more lifelike in 2004. I have the feeling that FSX is going to become a Hangar Queen!

if you are using default aircraft, do give a try to Douglas_C-47_V3_12_Beta.zip in the file library (and any updates that are available); it may be more to your liking. I don't even remember if there is a FSX default DC-3...

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Having used FS2004 and now FSX, I don't have this issue, though I don't fly the DC3. I find that in FSX the scenery is better than FS2004, though I'm using Orbx Global as well. I also have upgraded street lights and what have you.

Perhaps what ever edits you may have used from gathering around the Internet is why you have this issue. Though, the default aircraft by in large in both FS2004 and FSX really suck. You're better off with a good payware or good model that was created and offered here in the library for free.

It's difficult to ignore the tens of thousands of satisfied users of FSX ranging over more than a decade.

While I'm no computer expert, if you note your computer specifications, FSX settings and perhaps add a screen shot or two, it's highly likely one of the talented folks here will help you solve your dilema.