Boxed MFS Gold Edition Activation Error

Williamb

I installed FSX and Acceleration on a new computer with Windows 7 Pro. OS and Samsung 1TB SSD. FSX activated normally. I entered the activation code for Acceleration and received error: you have exceeded the number of activations allowed. Tried activation by phone but Microsoft no longer supports MFS. I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX/ACC, reformatted SSD and reinstalled Win 7 OS and FSX/ACC. In each case I received the same error when attempting to activate Acceleration. I have searched the internet and found several iterations of this problem but none have solved my issue. I purchased this boxed MFS Gold edition of FSX new several years ago and have only installed the software several times. In no way have I exceeded any reasonable activation limit. I am really surprised there is any limit at all as I cannot find any mention of one in the documentation.

I would apppreciate any help you may provide!

WilliamB

YOU did not exceed the activation limit - but the person you bought FSX Gold may have. You can go to the 800 number and let them know you bought it from a 3rd party. They might just 'work' with you then. They (Support) isn't heartless. They will 'bend' if you stay calm and explain things in a polite manner. They might ask for you to let then take over you PC (Remote Desktop) and if you do they WILL fix things for you. It's ok. They are not criminals of hackers. And no charge. (They like to show off their skill at fixing Windows and most are very good at it). They will ask you questions in a chat window. Co-operate and you will be pleased with results (even if it's all very fraustrating and a drag - you do what you gotta do!) Hope you prevail.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

ChuckB,

Thanks for your response. What is the 800 number you mention. The Acceleration activation window that came up had a phone activation number in case entering the code did not work. I called and got recorded message-followed their instructions but it did not work. Also I purchased my boxed version of MFS Gold Edition new in and unopened. I have used it several times 6 or 7. In any case if you have the number I will definitely try it.

Thanks WilliamB

WilliamB,

In your root FSX folder (the folder with FSX.exe in it) is a file named Phone Activation.xml.

It is a text file and you can find the number there.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Excuse me, mr. Bean, but an xml file, isn't that usually a spreadsheet?

Jorgen

No, that's .xls (for microsoft excel) (for Open Office the spreadsheats have a different extension.)

.xml is a text based format. Gauges can be .xml files too.

The .xml files can be opened with notepad and read as text. (right-click then 'open with--and select notepad) (Or copy the file and rename the copy from .xml to .txt and just double click.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived