I lost my slew controls using the numlock keys after installing FSUIPC

oneleg

I'm using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, and the latest version of FSX Steam. Other than two sceneries from ORBX installed so far and a couple of Carenado planes and WOAI, I don't have any other add-ons running in FSX.

Before installing FSUIPC, in slew mode (press 'y') I could change the heading of the plane by using the Numlock 1 and 3 keys. I could also change the view mode using the 's' key.

After installing FSUIPC, I lost that functionality.

How do I get the slew functionality using the numlock keys back? Also, is there away to temporarily disable FSUIPC while inside FSX?

Thank you.

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR

The keypad 'lock' has to be 'un-locked' (light OFF). You can use your joystick to control the Heading and Forward/Backward movement of simobject when in slew. No need to use keypad keys. Also you use F4 key (to move UP) and F1 key (to move DOWN). Press keypad '5' key to STOP movement. As the throttle goes to full (F4) after you press 'Y' key (slew 'OFF') you need to be ready to press F1 (throttle CUT) or your simobject will zoom off. And I doubt it's FSUIPC's fault as I have FSUIPC and have never had a problem with slew.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I know how slew works and all about the various key controls to slew, and have been using it quite a bit, but especially lately. The problem is I'm trying to use FSX on a laptop without using a joystick. Why? So that I don't have to bring one with me when I'm travelling light. The joystick is kinda bulky.

Before I installed FSUIPC I could change the heading by pressing Numlock-ed (keypad) #1 and #3 keys while slewing. I can't do that after I installed FSUIPC. I also can't use the 's' key to change the view mode.

Thanks.

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR

Yes, Numpad-1 and Numpad-3 normally change heading in slew. (but only with Numlock off I think.)

so first try again, this time with NumLock off.

(you can check if the keys are still assigned in fsx. I don't know what the names of those functions are normally. But you can check if Numpad-1 and 3 are assigned at all.

Go to the keyboard assignments list. Find a function with on key assigned. Double click that function. Then press Num-1 as if you would assign that. If Num-1 is already assigned, it will say in the assigned box: "this key is already assigned to --- function blah blah blah.". If you see that Num-1 is indeed assigned, click cancel.) (You don't click ok because you do not want to assign num-1 now, you are just checking things out. So cancel.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When using fsuipc i found it best to assign everything via fsuipc and clear out all joystick assignments in fsx itself except maybe the axis assignments (although fsuipc is good for this too if you need to assign custom hardware). Perhaps you have different assignments for the slew actions in fsuipc to what you have in fsx and this is causing confusion?

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I have a virgin FSX-SE install with free FSUIPC. Everything is essentially untouched, so here is what you should expect.

The number pad controls 3 things: View direction, Aircraft control, Slew movement. What happens when you press those keys depends on 3 'conditional' modes: NumLock, SlewMode, and SHIFT KEY.

The NUMLOCK controls only whether you get Flight Controls or View direction. OFF = flight control; ON = view control.

When you select SLEW mode from NUMLOCK OFF flight control mode you get SLEW

When you select SLEW mode from NUMLOCK ON view direction mode, you get VIEW still.

Regardless of which numlock mode you are in, if you PRESS SHIFT, you get the OPPOSITE of the previous - Slew becomes view, or View becomes slew.

So if you are flying with the number pad keys and go into slew, you should be able to slew directly.

Since I fly with a stick and numlock on, I have to use shift to slew OR turn numlock off while I slew.

Have you restored the default key bindings? This actions above are what I get with all default settings.

You said FSUIPC but did not clarify if you have extra features from the Pay version turned on...

In case of doubt, you could also disable FSUIPC and see if it changes anything; disable in the dll.xml file in the folder with your fsx.cfg (in users\yourname\appdata\microsoft\fsx\dll.xml change the False to True ) You can edit with notepad.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

I have FSUIPC, and I never experienced that, try setting the key assignments (keyboard and joystick) back to default. (reset defaults) And make sure you have Numlock OFF.

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

I have a virgin FSX-SE install with free FSUIPC....

...snip, snip, snip...

Have you restored the default key bindings? This actions above are what I get with all default settings.

You said FSUIPC but did not clarify if you have extra features from the Pay version turned on...

In case of doubt, you could also disable FSUIPC and see if it changes anything; disable in the dll.xml file in the folder with your fsx.cfg (in users\yourname\appdata\microsoft\fsx\dll.xml change the False to True ) You can edit with notepad.

Loyd

I have the free version of FSUIPC which I'm using to check for the VAS values in a new install of FSX Steam. I tried to edit and comment out FSUIPC in the dll.xml file but could not locate it in the file. Can you please double check your dll.xml file? Again, I'm using the free version of FSUIPC also and I'm using Windows 10 Home 64-bit with FSX Steam. I know FSUIPC is installed because I see it in the Add-on menu in FSX and I also know it works because I am able to view the VAS values (details here: https://flightsimeindhoven.com/2015/01/15/how-to-measure-vas-with-fsuipc/)

@il88pp, I am using a laptop which does not have a numlock and capslock led indicator. For that, I'm trying out a program called TrayStatus (google for details). I sometimes also check the numlock status by simply typing on Window's Notepad. I like the laptop by the way (Asus N550JX-DS71T) ...it's old-ish but it has a separate keypad section, a built-in nVidia card and came with a special subwoofer just for the laptop.

@stinger2k2, thank you for your reply but I'm using the free version of fsuipc. I don't think it has the functionality of the 'pay' version that you've mentioned that I can adjust. Also, what do you mean by 'assign everything'? Are you saying that I have to adjust all the default key settings if I have the pay version of FSUIPC? I don't think that is what you meant because there are probably more than a 100 default key assignments and key stroke combinations in FSX. That is a lot of work -- would be an understatement.

Is there a way to temporarily disable FSUIPC from inside FSX without editing the dll.xml file with a text editor?

Also, what do you mean by 'assign everything'? Are you saying that I have to adjust all the default key settings if I have the pay version of FSUIPC? I don't think that is what you meant because there are probably more than a 100 default key assignments and key stroke combinations in FSX.

I have no joystick assignments at all in FSX, all are done in FSUIPC. I did this because I was getting similar problems to yourself. If you cannot use fsuipc in this way (i have the pay version) then its certainly worth going into fsuipc to make sure that the slew commands aren't assigned in there to other keys.

Good luck

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The number pad controls 3 things: View direction, Aircraft control, Slew movement. What happens when you press those keys depends on 3 'conditional' modes: NumLock, SlewMode, and SHIFT KEY.

The NUMLOCK controls only whether you get Flight Controls or View direction. OFF = flight control; ON = view control.

When you select SLEW mode from NUMLOCK OFF flight control mode you get SLEW

When you select SLEW mode from NUMLOCK ON view direction mode, you get VIEW still.

Regardless of which numlock mode you are in, if you PRESS SHIFT, you get the OPPOSITE of the previous - Slew becomes view, or View becomes slew.

Loyd

Loyd, I just re-read the above statements. The last sentence was the solution I was looking for. It works. By pressing te SHIFT key and the Numpad #1 or #3 key while in SLEW mode with FSUIPC installed I am able to change the heading of the aircraft. Great tip. A BIG thank you!

I have no joystick assignments at all in FSX, all are done in FSUIPC. I did this because I was getting similar problems to yourself. If you cannot use fsuipc in this way (i have the pay version) then its certainly worth going into fsuipc to make sure that the slew commands aren't assigned in there to other keys.

Good luck

Stinger

Stinger, what kind of joystick are you using. Over the years, I must have tried them all: Microsoft, Logitech, Saitek, Thrustmaster, etc...

For a time there, for portable convenience, I was using Logitech's Wingman Rumblepad which has a slider for throttle control. These joysticks usually come with their own software for assigning or re-assigning buttons on the joystick. Why would you even bother doing that in a paid version of FSUIPC when you can do it using the joystick vendor's own software programs for free?

Stinger, what kind of joystick are you using. Over the years, I must have tried them all: Microsoft, Logitech, Saitek, Thrustmaster, etc...

For a time there, for portable convenience, I was using Logitech's Wingman Rumblepad which has a slider for throttle control. These joysticks usually come with their own software for assigning or re-assigning buttons on the joystick. Why would you even bother doing that in a paid version of FSUIPC when you can do it using the joystick vendor's own software programs for free?

I have a home cockpit setup with a custom built yoke. Search for Stinger2k2 on Youtube and you will see it!. Glad you got it sorted!

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have used a Microsoft Sidewinder 2 joystick (but DO NOT get any model that says 'Pro') for 12 years now no issues, and which works perfect with no setup as it's USB and Windows 7 64 bit will installed it in 3 seconds. I unpulg it to use the USB port for card reader and when I plug joy back in to go fly it 'beeps' and is ready (working). It's around $25 at Amazon.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

OK, O'leg... the dll.xml - it's just a list of what dll files (fsuipc included) should be opened by the sim.

go to your appdata\microsoft\FSX folder (with your username, of course)

here: C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

!! make a backup copy of your dll.xml before messing with it !!

select the dll.xml file (xml is just text so notepad works fine to open and edit)

Right-click to the menu and you should see, and be able to select, "open with"

select Notepad to open it.

see something like this:

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

Edit the "disabled" line

False

and change FALSE to TRUE

True

Save the file then restart FSX and you should see NO sign of FSUIPC

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you think it's easier, remember that FSUIPC has to be "trusted" just like gauges; so, if you were to delete that single line in the FSX.cfg...

mine looks like

[Trusted]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Bendix_king_radio.dll.ireezhoubaeboqthobhbabzulbuloobtuhllzoqz=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna.dll.bzwabazctuwzbueqnubkwllwztuubllozhtzczla=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna172.dll.hbwtnutbtwiknohcqeboobaklaoboekzocwttruk=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna182s.dll.wbqhuuohknhhitinlrzbctocuekuoeiuoekeklue=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\CessnaWAlpha.dll.eiwhkboiictnrreuuhituqoezroilnelkbelbtza=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Bell_206B.dll.auqruroabakwbouawnbtzzncrertownuwlckwkcr=2

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.brzbehqulacuckaqekwoaozabiurzqrntawllaru=1

then when restarting FSX, you will be asked again to "Trust" FSUIPC.... DENY it - so it won't load. It may be necessary to repeat that step after you want it back; I don't know if it will ask each time or not...

Got that all down and committed to memory; this page will self-destruct in 17 seconds

Hope this helps.

L

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

I have a home cockpit setup with a custom built yoke. Search for Stinger2k2 on Youtube and you will see it!. Glad you got it sorted!

I took a look and liked and subscribed to you in YouTube. All videos were very nice.

OK, O'leg... the dll.xml - it's just a list of what dll files (fsuipc included) should be opened by the sim.

Hope this helps.

L

I took an XML class some years back so I'm familiar with XML. I was hoping I could disable the add-on from inside FSX. But thanks anyway.

By the way, the most important thing I learned from the class is how to use the comment pair: :-)

Archived