Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I lost my slew controls using the numlock keys after installing FSUIPC

Quote Originally Posted by stinger2k2 View Post
    I have no joystick assignments at all in FSX, all are done in FSUIPC. I did this because I was getting similar problems to yourself. If you cannot use fsuipc in this way (i have the pay version) then its certainly worth going into fsuipc to make sure that the slew commands aren't assigned in there to other keys.

Good luck
    Stinger
    Stinger, what kind of joystick are you using. Over the years, I must have tried them all: Microsoft, Logitech, Saitek, Thrustmaster, etc...

For a time there, for portable convenience, I was using Logitech's Wingman Rumblepad which has a slider for throttle control. These joysticks usually come with their own software for assigning or re-assigning buttons on the joystick. Why would you even bother doing that in a paid version of FSUIPC when you can do it using the joystick vendor's own software programs for free?

Quote Originally Posted by oneleg View Post
    Stinger, what kind of joystick are you using. Over the years, I must have tried them all: Microsoft, Logitech, Saitek, Thrustmaster, etc...

For a time there, for portable convenience, I was using Logitech's Wingman Rumblepad which has a slider for throttle control. These joysticks usually come with their own software for assigning or re-assigning buttons on the joystick. Why would you even bother doing that in a paid version of FSUIPC when you can do it using the joystick vendor's own software programs for free?
    I have a home cockpit setup with a custom built yoke. Search for Stinger2k2 on Youtube and you will see it!. Glad you got it sorted!

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have used a Microsoft Sidewinder 2 joystick (but DO NOT get any model that says 'Pro') for 12 years now no issues, and which works perfect with no setup as it's USB and Windows 7 64 bit will installed it in 3 seconds. I unpulg it to use the USB port for card reader and when I plug joy back in to go fly it 'beeps' and is ready (working). It's around $25 at Amazon.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Blog Entries

OK, O'leg... the dll.xml - it's just a list of what dll files (fsuipc included) should be opened by the sim.

go to your appdata\microsoft\FSX folder (with your username, of course)
    here: C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

!! make a backup copy of your dll.xml before messing with it !!

select the dll.xml file (xml is just text so notepad works fine to open and edit)
    Right-click to the menu and you should see, and be able to select, "open with"
    select Notepad to open it.

see something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled> << FSUIPC loads because it IS NOT DISABLED, so we disable it...
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

Edit the "disabled" line
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>

and change FALSE to TRUE

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

Save the file then restart FSX and you should see NO sign of FSUIPC
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

If you think it's easier, remember that FSUIPC has to be "trusted" just like gauges; so, if you were to delete that single line in the FSX.cfg...
    mine looks like

[Trusted]
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Bendix_king_radio.dll.ireezhoubaeboqthobhbabzulbuloobtuhllzoqz=2
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna.dll.bzwabazctuwzbueqnubkwllwztuubllozhtzczla=2
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna172.dll.hbwtnutbtwiknohcqeboobaklaoboekzocwttruk=2
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna182s.dll.wbqhuuohknhhitinlrzbctocuekuoeiuoekeklue=2
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\CessnaWAlpha.dll.eiwhkboiictnrreuuhituqoezroilnelkbelbtza=2
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Bell_206B.dll.auqruroabakwbouawnbtzzncrertownuwlckwkcr=2
    Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.brzbehqulacuckaqekwoaozabiurzqrntawllaru=1

then when restarting FSX, you will be asked again to "Trust" FSUIPC.... DENY it - so it won't load. It may be necessary to repeat that step after you want it back; I don't know if it will ask each time or not...

Got that all down and committed to memory; this page will self-destruct in 17 seconds

Hope this helps.

L
    Hooked since FS4... now flying:
    self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;
    quiet, fast and cool running.
    Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;
    Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games
    A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Quote Originally Posted by stinger2k2 View Post
    I have a home cockpit setup with a custom built yoke. Search for Stinger2k2 on Youtube and you will see it!. Glad you got it sorted!
    I took a look and liked and subscribed to you in YouTube. All videos were very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by llivaudais View Post
    OK, O'leg... the dll.xml - it's just a list of what dll files (fsuipc included) should be opened by the sim.

Hope this helps.

L
    I took an XML class some years back so I'm familiar with XML. I was hoping I could disable the add-on from inside FSX. But thanks anyway.

By the way, the most important thing I learned from the class is how to use the comment pair: <!-- and --> :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2