Windows Ten glitch .Has anybody experienced the same.

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

While I am waiting for my pc to returned to me from local computer shop (complete with ssd drive) I would like to ask this question.

For nearly a year now I have been using Windows 10 ver 1703 and have had a trouble free experience.

When however w10 updated itself last April I think to version 1803 I had this problem........Fs9 would load and run seemingly without issue ,however in Full screen mode (which is my preference ,I do not like using windowed mode) everything is tiketyboo until I click on any place on the screen other than a legitimate click point within a panel ,the screen would go completely black for a few seconds before returning to normal now this doesn't stop me using the sim but it was very annoying (in windowed mode this wouldn't happen ,but as I have already said I don't like windowed mode)

I was forced to roll back to 1703 and all was fine again .

Has anybody here had any such symptoms ?

Another thing Windows current version is 1809 if I wanted to go back to1703 how would I achieve this as a rollback now would take me to 1803 not 1703.

Thanks Andrew

Guest Sascha66
Sounds like a graphic card driver issue, can you check if it has reset after a blackout? Try updating the driver.

Sounds like a graphic card driver issue, can you check if it has reset after a blackout? Try updating the driver.

Thanks Sascha

I have always kept my Gdrivers up-to-date ,so I don't think that is the issue.

I have been browsing across the internet and came across a couple of posts by people experiencing similar problems and a possible solution which is to make sure the W10 'Focus assist 'is turned off .

That cured there problem with the black screen issue.

As you know on any windows problem the 'possible' solutions and what works for one user and not another are myriad, but it is something else to try.

Thanks Andrew

Hi, got W10 for over 2 years and it took some time to get used to the FS2004 behavior. Just like you I prefer to use the full screen and not the W mode. Few thinks I have been noticing to name few:

• In full screen when pointing to the top of the screen the menu does not stay there, just disappears and only pointing to approximate menu location opens the drop-down. It only happens sometimes, sometimes the menu stays on top.
  • Occasionally the FS starts as minimized to the bottom taskbar and there is no way to maximize it. Need to shut it down by Task Manager and start it again. Usually it starts on the second try.
  • Alt and enter switches between the full screen and Window mode. Took me some time to get used to it.
  • At some sceneries the Sim just shuts down- sometimes permanently, sometimes it restarts. This does not seem to relate to density and dx fixer does not seem to help it.
  • The stutter's are sometimes there (momentary freezes usually running for few seconds repeatedly). Looks like when the scenery is loading. Using the FS Real Environment suggested changes in FS9.cfg helped a little but not much.

I learned to live with this though.

Best Regards

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

I run Windows 7 and for about a month I have been experiencing the same black screen crash when clicking on anything other than a clickable function. My video driver is up-to-date and I have tried falling back to two previous drivers with no help. I let you know if I find a fix.

Larry

I run Windows 7 and for about a month I have been experiencing the same black screen crash when clicking on anything other than a clickable function. My video driver is up-to-date and I have tried falling back to two previous drivers with no help. I let you know if I find a fix.

Thanks Larry

Yes it's very frustrating.

I am surprised your having troubles with W7 as a lot of people seem recommend W7 as the best OS for Fs9.

Anyway I don't know if W7 has focus assist ,but if you have try turning it off ,as a couple of users with W10 said doing this fixed the problems they had.

Anyway I am surprised that the only user who has had the same issue as myself is a user of W7.

If you find a solution please let me know.

I will do likewise.

Thanks Andrew

Archived