Missing Engine and Air Traffic Control Sounds, Real World Weather Doesn't Work

MsThang

All of a sudden there are no engine sounds in FSX. If you take off all you hear is wind noise. This is true for all aircraft. On top of that there is no ATIS or air traffic control voice. The dialogue box is there, but you don't hear any voice. On top of that the real world weather doesn't work either. These all happened at the same time. I saw a post about checking to see if your sound card had the latest drivers and the speakers were set to stereo instead of surround sound. Both were checked. I have the latest recommended sound card drivers and speakers set to stereo. I also set the sound to my sound card in settings in FSX and none of these things has helped. I have an internet connection, but the real world weather tells me to check my connection when it worked fine a week ago. I have way too many repaints and additions to FSX to do a reinstall easily. Is there any other ideas to try. Please help. Multiple problems just seem to be confined to FSX. Running Windows 10.

Ms. Dale Carlson

It's The Music That Matters

Have you checked the sound options in FSX its self by chance?

Yeah, I had a sound issue using 5.1 when I was only using two speakers and setting my sound card back to 2.0 fixed that.

The weather issue is not related. Read this thread: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?315418-Real-world-weather

If after you looked at your sound settings in FSX and nothing fixes it, the next thing I would do is backup the fsx.cfg file and delete the current version and let FSX rebuild it.

If after all that you still have sound issues, then you can try a repair install.

Archived